Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I just made a Very unplanned purchase about an hour ago. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Yesterday at the dealership, I traded up on a Sangria Red 2009 Taurus SE w/19k mls. I actually sold the car new to the people that traded it back in. It's in absolutely Mint condition with no signs of wear or tear anywhere. I love the color too, I've only seen one other Sangria Red Taurus around here. But anyways, Pics are coming soon. Let me know what ya'll think! Don't worry either, I'm keeping my 97. :D

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
All I can say is that I am jealous! :p

Throw some pictures up asap!!! Would love to see it. Any plans for it?

And oh good, I was hoping you would say the 97 was still yours. I read "traded up" and thought you ditched the 97. What a relief!!!

Anyhow, congrats.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can say is that I am jealous! :p

Throw some pictures up asap!!! Would love to see it. Any plans for it?

And oh good, I was hoping you would say the 97 was still yours. I read "traded up" and thought you ditched the 97. What a relief!!!

Anyhow, congrats.
Haha! Yeah, the 97 is paid for. It's only costing me insurance, so I'm gonna hang on to her for awhile. Not to mention I just sunk over a thousand bucks into her in maintenance alone.:unsure: I'm getting the 09 detailed now. So as soon as it's out of the Detail shop I'll put up some pics. Y'all get up some ideas for me to make this car my own. Thinkin about transforming her into a Limited. Don't think it'll take much. I just Love me some Chrome!B) Guess you could say I've become a Taurus Addict now.:wub:

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
Sharp looking car and a great color!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Congrats
One of those in AWD will probably repl. my wagon when the time comes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys! I'm really enjoying it so far. It drives AMAZING! But has a very soft suspension. Reminds me of my old Lincoln I had. That thing floated down the road.:lol2: It's not necessarily a bad thing. But then again I hade a Fusion with a much Sportier suspension I was used too. I need yalls help on gettin me some ideas together for fixin her up. I'm throwin the Idea around of transforming her into a Limited or even a model of my own.;) But I don't really know were to start. Just throw some ideas my way. Maybe even some performance upgrades...(coughCUSTOMSHOcough):mj_banana:I'm serious about this guys. I work for Ford, and would love to have a car I can show off to represent my Love for the company. Help me guys. It always helps having friends throwin support my way.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I can't think of performance mods, but I think they should exist. The 3.5 V6 is now used in Mustangs, and I assume there will be a good market for modding them. Being into car audio myself, I would have rebuilt the entire audio system: speakers, subwoofer(s), amplifiers, and the stereo.. something built around JBL's MS-8 processor.

The Ford Five Hundred SE, which was basically the same thing with old Duratec 3.0 engine and without the razor blade, is quite an enjoyable daily driver car. I really like driving the 500 hard. The throttle is usually more responsive and more predictable than the G3 Taurus with basically the same engine, which I guess is a function of the 6-speed automatic transmission. The 6-speed transmission in 500 does not hesitate to let the engine rev into very high RPM and let the engine truly wake up. Brakes and steering are also pretty good. This car is also enjoyable for long highway rides. There is rumor is that Ford actually made 2008 Taurus suspension and steering somewhat more numb compared to the 500, which may explain your soft suspension observation. I wonder if it is possible to substitute steering and suspension components of the 500 into your car.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The above is not a rumor...it's the truth. The steering is not quite as responsive, and the suspension is a bit floatier on the 08-9s.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Idea: EcoBoost swap... ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
Brian_05_SEL
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing