Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, all mods to my current 95 GL Wagon pictured below come to a stop.

[attachmentid=28120]

With the help of this forum I have added:
Power passenger seat
leather interior
G3 wheels
New stereo
changed stereo and HVAC position
SHO bumper
Remote entry/start
rear wiper

I now I have this:

[attachmentid=28121][attachmentid=28122][attachmentid=28123]

84000 miles, green/black, 5 spd. ought by a stereo company in 93 as a sedan and had the ass end of a wagon welded on in the same weld points that the factory did. Check out the stereo - I don't know what half this crap is but I guess I will have to figure it out. Car is in Ohio now, should have it in 2 weeks, Keeping my GL as a daily driver. Wife is thrilled to have 2 Taurus Wagons. Still trying to explain it to her.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That was you on Jalopnik!? Cool man! Congratulations on the purchase B)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
some of use liek to be able to haul the big screen tv home in the back of the wagon, rather then renting a truck.

think of it as a performance SUV. just minus the weight, crapy ride, better MPG, and better handeling.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Nice to see that someone here picked that up!

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasn't me on Jalopnik. That guy bid on the car and won it. I was looking for a SHO at the time, saw the car on SHO Forum but it had sold the day before. The next day The seller posted that the buyer had not contacted him so it may be back up for sale. I contacted him that day - 2 days later, the car was mine. I have always liked the Taurus wagon. Like crackhead said, lots of room, great MPG, better handling, just not as cool. I think this car breaks the "not as cool" rule.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice ride dude :).

If I'm ever to buy a wagon, that's the way I'll go.

·
Registered
223 Posts
personally i like wagons better. gen4 i like sedans all other gens i like the wagon mainly because it doesnt have that slope at the trunk in gen3's.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
That is really cool. I would ditch the Stereo gear but that is just me.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
wow i need to see more off this this is a nice swap to put a mtx sho in a station

nice

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya, not too sure about the stereo, I may keep the speakers and upgrade the stuff needed to run them It is 15 years old after all.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
IIRC, they didn't drop the sho stuff into a wagon, they welded a sho front to a wagon rear? Either way, BADASS!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Amaaaaaazing! But I have to admit I like the looks of the white G2 wagon better.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Amaaaaaazing! But I have to admit I like the looks of the white G2 wagon better.
[/b]
I completely agree... You gotta get a way of putting SHO fenders on your white wagon so you can add the turning lights!

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
finding sho fenders in the rigt shade of white would be difficult. And then theres the task of taking the slo fenders off and putting the sho fenders on. Then you have an issue w/the sho clading - it wouldn't match the rest of the non sho cladded car.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
[attachmentid=28121][attachmentid=28122][attachmentid=28123]

[/b]
VERY cool. I'd swap the wheels out but that's just me. She needs a claybarrin' but that will be one stealthy and fun little grocery getter.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts