Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I just got my mom a 98 Taurus with the 3.0 motor in it the other night from a local ford dealership here in town.The car is very nice and has all the buttons she could want.The int
erior is very clean with no rips or tears.But when driving it home i noticed that the idle stays around 200 rpms when i'm just coasting with my foot not on the gas.It seems as if the idle could be sticking because when i let off the gas........it takes awhile for the rpms to start coming down.Is this normal for the taurus's?If not what should i look at?Thanks for looking. Shane

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
I'll assume you mean 2000RPM...

is this when you're moving, or when your stationary? If when you're moving, how fast are you going when it's at 2000RPM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right.......I meant 2000 rpms..............and i would guess i'm doing at least 50-60 mph......but what i'm concerned about is when i'm doing 50-60..and i let off the gas,the rpms stay up high and the car will coast at that same speed for awhile as if i have the cruise control on..

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you have the Duratec motor than, that is normal. I noticed the same thing in my 98 when compared to my moms Grand AM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts