Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my fiance a 03 taurus SES sport a couple of months ago to replace her 250/month payment on a VW jetta (advice... dont buy a vee dub) and been running great. kinda high miles (just turned 125k) but its sound.

Anyways, engine light came on a couple weeks ago and it was the mass air meter. kinda ignored it but then it got worse. idleing bad and horrible gas mileage with two more codes. ya you guessed it. p0301 and p0316. i checked out the simple fixes like new plugs and greased the boots on each end and it fixed it, for about a day. so i had to dig deeper. took the UIM off and looked at the coil. Orginal Motorcraft coil and there were small hairline cracks around the #1 post and half of the #2 post. BINGO. replaced them and running great.

newbies: use the search feature. TONS of info on here waiting for the right person. Using it WILL save you money in the long run as well.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
The TCCA rocks! I learned about the heater core replacement shortcut and the Duratec $160 coolant hose pipe alternate part here. Most of the people with attitude problems that like to flame people out for no reason seem to have gone to the "other" site, even though I'll admit to lurking there just to see what's going on. Keep on rockin' TCCA!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It helped me with alot of my problems. Before I even joined I was searching topics on fixes for my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.