Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok yesterday we had a hmmwv that had "just a leak". well it was leaking from the diff output seal. we thought it was just cause of a few loose bolts. so we tightened them down and wiped it down. we came back a little bit later to look it over again. it was still leaking. well apon closer inspection i found out that the ds brake caliper bracket was broken. so we started to fix it and we found out the output shaft could slide right out. and it shouldn't be able to since the bearing and seal came out with the shaft. well both of them are suppose to be pressed into the ohousing. well that means that we have to change the diff. well from the time it started 1 pm untill we finally called it quits for the night which was 1230am. it still wasn't done. also while we were changing that out we were also waiting for anouther vehicle to come in that had "just a leak". well this morrning we went to look at the one that had finally came in at about 700am and it had been hit by a road side bomb. and we had to put the vehicle back together since that whats its ment to do is come apart when it gets hit. well we worked on that all day till 430 pm. then we had to finish the first vehicle then we just called it quits again at 630 pm still not finished. so from now on i'm never going to belive its just a leak i'm just going to assume that its the worst thing that could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
That sucks man. Gotta keep our boys busy though, so without you we couldn't shoot more terrorists. Keep up the good work!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts