Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
I need to find a yard that has more late model cars. It's hell trying to find g4 bulls at the yards. I needs me a fold down rear seat! (though, a full leather swap would be even better B) )
[/b]

I wonder why it's hard to find them, Ford sold a ton and people can't drive = :dunno:

not to rub it in, but I have the leather and fold down rear....ok maybe I was rubbing it in some :unsure:
[/b][/quote]

Gray or tan? If it's gray, you have nothing to worry about.

:ph34r:

·
Registered
77 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I need to find a yard that has more late model cars. It's hell trying to find g4 bulls at the yards. I needs me a fold down rear seat! (though, a full leather swap would be even better B) )
[/b]

I wonder why it's hard to find them, Ford sold a ton and people can't drive = :dunno:

not to rub it in, but I have the leather and fold down rear....ok maybe I was rubbing it in some :unsure:
[/b][/quote]

Gray or tan? If it's gray, you have nothing to worry about.

:ph34r:
[/b][/quote]

Ok, I'm safe then, I do have the dark gray :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Hey chris, were there any g4 vulcans at the yard you went to? I'm on the lookout for an egr tube (01+ composite manifold) for my car. Ford wants 80 bucks for it. I say NO NO NO!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Ooh sweet!! Where's this yard again? That egr tube would make a fine addition to my vulcan abomination.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I-45 on Northville, near Fry's Electronitcs on West Rd.

Depending on your Direction:

Heading North on I-45:
Exit #59 West Rd.
U-turn
Less then 1/10th mile Right turn onto Northville Rd. (right before Music Store, Has Guitar and drum kits written on the side of it in BIG letters)
Travel down that road for less then 1/10th mile and it will be on your right.

They close at 5pm, almost locked me in last time.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
HoustonBull, if you are reading this, you get a lucky deal. You get to choose 1 out of the 4 complete sets of tweeters that I pulled today for free.

Mark, I only found 1 gen 4 with aluminum UIM.

Oh, and I found 2 pick-a-parts on that road, one small one with 2 hourses in the yard and then the larger LKQ yard

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Oh, I'm actually looking for the cars with the plastic UIM's on them. That way, the egr tube is guaranteed to fit, and wont have all of that a.i.r. pump crap on it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
HoustonBull, if you are reading this, you get a lucky deal. You get to choose 1 out of the 4 complete sets of tweeters that I pulled today for free.

Mark, I only found 1 gen 4 with aluminum UIM.

Oh, and I found 2 pick-a-parts on that road, one small one with 2 hourses in the yard and then the larger LKQ yard
[/b]
Oh sweeeeet!!
You rock!! :chili:

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Pictures of my spoils from JY:

[attachmentid=20973]

[attachmentid=20974]

[attachmentid=20975]

[attachmentid=20976]

[attachmentid=20977]

I'd say that are all ok, no rust, clips are all still there.

Also found a rear fold down seat that I couldn't pull (Have yet to grow a third hand).

Found at least another 3-4 pairs for older style tweeter pods that had a metal bar to attach it to the door.

Oh, and ignore the mess in the pics, too tired to care anymore till all my current projects are done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
So many tweeter pods... It's glorious! :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Sorian, you wouldn't happen to be willing to part with another pair, would you? :x:

It would complete my car's newfangled mach-ness :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tell you, after this week I had, I will be :mj_banana: to get these from you! It will be like an early B day present, and no we will not be discussing how old I will be next week! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Sorian, you wouldn't happen to be willing to part with another pair, would you? :x:

It would complete my car's newfangled mach-ness :)
[/b]
It doesn't have the mach label on the covers, other then that, they are the same.

If you still want a pair, its $25 + shipping. PM me
[/b][/quote]
I'm going to check around locally since it's been a while since I looked...if I can't find a decent set I'll let you know. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys,

I am a fellow Taurus owner and Houston resident. Can I get either the name or number of the place you guys are talking about on I-45. I have a need for some parts after a little run in with a Ford F-150. Also I enjoy the hunt for good stuff. How was working on a price and geting the parts go for you guys? I don't have a lot of experience with pull-ur-self places. I went to one place once where I followed them on the yard to see the part (driver side mirror) and they pulled it for me. Its not the tools I am worried about just the overall procedure of it all.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
9 Participants
Sorian
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing