Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OPEN NOW!
Another month.... ANOTHER CHANCE TO TAKE IT ALL!!!

Anyone can submit, you don't even have to have a super fancy decked out car! Generally the entrants have modified their cars, but anyone can enter.

PLEASE SUBMISSIONS ON THIS THREAD ONLY! I will not include any submissions started as a new thread and will just delete those threads.

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING!
Click Here to View the Submission Rules

Voting begins the 15th and ends at the end of the month! There are room for up to 8 entries, first come first serve! If all 8 are filled before the 15th, voting will start as soon as the slots are filled.

PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION HERE, ONLY SUBMISSIONS!

Any other talk or banter will be deleted. Please only ONE post per entrant! However feel free to submit many pictures (specify voting picture) and give a backstory or tell about your modifications if applicable.

You MUST post at the very least 3 pictures. 2 of the exterior(an angled front shot, and an opposite rear shot), and 1 of the interior. The car should be clean, and the photos should be of good quality in good weather. Old pictures are fine as long as they represent your car the way it currently sits.

The winner of this months car of the month will be promoted on the websites home page for a month!

You can only do this one time: If you actually are reading all of this stuff I'm writing, PM SAM and tell him you're reading it and he'll give you a free 25 days of premium membership. If you already have a premium membership then he'll jump you up to 20 days platinum membership. If you already have a platinum membership, then thank you very much for reading and feel free to PM him and let me know you did!

The winner will also receive a 1 year FREE Premium Supporter subscription to the site! This means no advertisements, and a forum where only supporters may converse.

Please remember to read the rules which are stuck at the top of the Car of the Month forum. Remember, more than just Tauruses and Sables are accepted in this contest! A few other similar Ford cars are. Check the rules to find out!

You will also be entered in the 2014 COTY contest. The winner of that will win a LIFETIME PLATINUM membership!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Figure ill try again this month.

Hello all this is my 96 SHO!

Isnt she just beautiful? This has to be my most favorite car ever. And she has a great story to go with her. I bought her out of Kansas City. He was trying to get rid of her cause she was mid cam fail. She hadn't completely died as of yet but she was headed down that path. Basically she sounded like a Cummins. His idea, if no one wants her then Ill just crush her. I could not allow this on such a girl. So I drove up paid the guy $700 and trailered her home. Here is a few pics when I got her. I mean come on she is now a second owner and is still under 100K car. Well worth the save guys don't you think?

When I got her she had been setting for around a year in his garage. Thank god it was his garage and not outside. Anyways well I fixed her by retiming her and welding the cams. Like you should do to all 3rd Gen SHOs.
Here is a few pics of the welds.

I love driving her but well she looks like everyone elses 96 Red SHO. So I set out to mod her. Here is a list of the mods
Deleted Sax
Deleted 3rd cat
K&N Filter
Aftermarket speakers
Auxport (still working the bugs out of that one)
Ported Intake runners
Gasket Matched
Painted Intake Runners and Covers
Here is a few pics of me doing the mods:

and this is what I ended up with.

The interior she has is as flawless as her exterior.

And finally off to just some great pics of her.

^Call this one the Moneyshot.

SHOwing her badge lol

Straight isn't she?

Showing her Maka Albarn tag!

Well that's about it guys hope you enjoy her as much as I do. and This next pic is the Judgeing pic please.

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 submissions isn't going to cut it! Get them in!!

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,234 Posts
This is the one I don't discuss very much. A 1999 Mercury Sable bought in Sept. 2001 with just over 30,000 miles. First modification was a 6 disc changer in 2002 and SHO wheels, Contour rear spoiler in 2008, otherwise just regular maintenance on the Vulcan and AX4N.

Original motor made it to 380,000 miles (blown head gasket) replaced it with a 2004 Vulcan, fuel pump replaced not long after. Still has the original transaxle (ATF changed every year since 2001). Made a some body modifications few years back, SHO front bumper and ground effects. Added a MACH system, rear disc and power adjustable pedals.

Changed to gen4 wheels.

My daughter now uses this car to drive to college and work daily. Still going strong even after a few ditches.
Voting pic.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'll enter my loaded 09 Sable Premier.

I've had this car since January. Currently it has 57300 miles and I've done a few things to it and some maintenance and whatnot that I found it needed.

Car is Brilliant silver exterior with black perforated leather interior. Has sync, audiophile sound, 6 disc changer, moonroof, electronic climate control, heated seats, and more I'm forgetting. I've recently done:

-New Denso Iridium [email protected] miles
-New Brembo Brakes all the way around in the last 1500 miles
-New upper strut mounts
-New sway bar links
-New lower control arm on LH side
-Added Voga package chrome grille to front fascia
-New 18" wheels to replace damaged OEM
-AVS vent visors
-Repaired and painted rear bumper cover to like new condition(was scratched up pretty badly) using PPG products by a reputable shop. It was removed, prepped, and baked before reinstall.

First picture is voting picture. Thanks for looking!
Jeff

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Submission

Here's my 2002 Ford Taurus SE. 3.0L V6, SOHC.
Second owner, first was my mother.
75K miles when I received it in 2012, now it has 104K. Mach tweeter upgrade, Alpine headunit with Bluetooth. Sunroof, tinted windows.
Pretty basic, but I love it!!!

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Since it's open to EVERYONE, I'm in, as this may be the last COTM I get to compete in with this car.

This is my 1992 Ford Taurus GL.

- Vulcan 3.0L OHV V6
- AX4S Automatic Transmission
- 97,740 ORIGINAL Miles

It's Caribbean Green Metallic with Opal Grey Cloth interior. It's the GL model so it came with all the basics plus these:

-Grey Bumpers & Side Trim (so it's lacking the Two-Tone Paint Package)
-Premium Cloth Seating Surfaces (My neighbor has a '93 with the basic cloth and it feels like a burlap bag, this feels like a soft velvet)
-Power: Windows, Door Locks, Driver Seat, Mirrors.
-Rear Defrost, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Tilt Wheel, Intermittent Wipers.
-15" Upgrade Alloy Wheels

I've modded these things in, trying to give it a bit more of a Premium Luxury feel without ricing it out.

-Chrome Door Lock Pulls.
-BOSS 612UA AM/FM/AUX/USB/SD Head Unit.
-Ford Oval Chrome Valve Stem Caps.
-Silver Bumper/Door Trim Strip.
-One Off Completely Custom TAURUS License Plate Frame w/ Ford Oval Bolt Covers.
-1993-1995 Master Window Switch w/ AUTO Down Labeled Switch.
-Silver Painted Calipers & Drums.

This is technically my first car, and I have developed a love-hate relationship with it. I absolutely love the thing until it breaks, and when it breaks, I get a little disappointed in it, then after I fix it I love it again. It's weird, but ya'll get it. Here are the pics.

**I've since removed the 'Limited Edition' Emblems**

We also like to have a little fun together, this was a few days ago. It's all clean now. :)

Here's my voting pic:

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And it's done. Look for the voting thread later today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.