Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the July 4th weekend started off with a BIG BANG today. I planned on a nice long trip from Cleveland to Zanesville Ohio (143 miles one way) for the Anchor Glass Container charity car show. This show was from 10am till 2pm. This was a nice show to benifit the United Way. They had glass trophies for the top 40 judged cars in the show. Your car was judged 1 hour after you registered. Well, it rained on my ride down, so I had all the road grime to clean off and then polish the wagon for judging. I started on the car and then went to register when I was about 1/3 done with the polishing. Well, sure enough, 1 hour after registering the judges show up and start judging, if your ready or not and I was just finishing up. At the end of the day, the wagon comes through again with a top 40 trophy in the show. A good variety of cars and trucks were there, even some newer vettes that looked really nice.

Anchor Glass Container Charity Show Top 40 trophy.

So, on the way home I roll through the little town of Newcomerstown Ohio and see a sigh, Newcomerstown Fire Department Car Show. I figure what have I got to loose and roll in to see if I can register. B) Well this show was from noon till 5pm and was a judged show also with 2 classes, 1998 & older (60 trophies) and 1990 and newer (15 trophies). :D So I park the wagon on the field and give it a quick rub down and let the judges take a look. When the awards are presented, the wagon pulls a top 15 trophy in the 1990 & newer class. :eek:

Newcomerstown Fire Department Car Show top 15 (1990 & newer) trophy.

So, today was a historic day for the wagon, 2 shows and 2 trophies. :D I was in such a rush to leave this morning, I forgot my camera :( but trust me, both shows had alot of great cars. Next weekend, July 10th is Summit All Ford Show, this is one I have been trying for now for 3 years. I have some work ahead of me this week.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, Dennis..... again!!!

Thanks Sheila, I just hope my luck holds out through the month. I have 3 big shows this month, the Summit All Ford Show, a Mustang Regional / All Ford Show, and the Ford NMRA Nationals all this month. Its going to keep me busy, but I hope it pays off.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Sheila, we can always put you in a bikini and have you do a Vanna pose by the wagon, maybe i'll get a couple extra points for "presintation"........ :lol2:

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Congratulations Dennis, and I hope this is just a preview of the coming show season for you. Sheila in a bikini?!?!?!?!?
(PS - I have one of your underhood shots hanging on my garage wall as my daily inspiration)

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
Dennis, youd get points subtracted for sure! Or disqualified! I aint no freakin trophy girl, lol! You dont wanna to end this winnin streak! Youre battin a thousand!

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations Dennis, and I hope this is just a preview of the coming show season for you. Sheila in a bikini?!?!?!?!?
(PS - I have one of your underhood shots hanging on my garage wall as my daily inspiration)

LOL.... Thanks Dan, its good to know that all this work is an inspiration to others. B)

Oh come now Sheila, ya cant be that bad..... :rolleyes2: So well get ya in one of Vanna's gowns then and have ya open the doors and point out details to the judges when they come by, you know, give guided tours. :lol2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts