Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Decided I couldn't wait until Friday and installed the grille last night. My god does it look awesome!

Another thing I noticed when I had the bumper off is there appears to be electrically controlled fins in the front of the car that can open, close, and direct airflow either up or down. I determined that just by appearance, if someone else can confirm or has the specifics on how that works I would love to read up on it :)

Anyway, on to the pics:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
The fins are called "active grill shuttters." When the engine needs more cooling, they open to increase airflow. When the engine is cool enough, they close flat to increase aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The fins are called "active grill shuttters." When the engine needs more cooling, they open to increase airflow. When the engine is cool enough, they close flat to increase aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
I think I'm going to mount a camera facing them to see if I can watch them as they work. Sounds like some cool (heh, pun intended) technology

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
More plastidip, got the trunk lid chrome accent now

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Had the taurus out at automotion in the Wisconsin Dells this weekend! Was a great time with thousands of cars, unfortunately I didn't get many pictures out there.

This picture shows just how insanely spacious the 6th gen Taurus is. I'm 6'5, my brother is 6'1, and we both have way more than enough headroom. I love this car.

Obligatory miata with googly eyes next to a Mustang with my Taurus in the background lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
A few of my buddies from another forum were just out there this weekend. Might remember his car. Indy Red Dodge Avenger. Completely done.

This one...vvvv

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
A few of my buddies from another forum were just out there this weekend. Might remember his car. Indy Red Dodge Avenger. Completely done.

This one...vvvv
Pretty sure he won something this weekend, I believe he's a member of Wisconsin Car Enthusiast Club. At least I remember seeing him post his car on there.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Also changed spark plugs and air filter this weekend. All went well.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Pulled the trigger on a Shok Triton 15 and an American Bass XD1800.1, not gonna be a big setup whatsoever but it will be better than nothing. Grand total investment of $200 so far. Now I need to pick up some more misc install stuff and wood to build the box. Hoping to keep all of it under $300 total.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Pulled the trigger on a Shok Triton 15 and an American Bass XD1800.1, not gonna be a big setup whatsoever but it will be better than nothing. Grand total investment of $200 so far. Now I need to pick up some more misc install stuff and wood to build the box. Hoping to keep all of it under $300 total.
The Shok Tritons are pretty stout. Know a kid running 4 15s in a Blazer on 2 SQ3500s. It gets down pretty good.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The Shok Tritons are pretty stout. Know a kid running 4 15s in a Blazer on 2 SQ3500s. It gets down pretty good.
I'm quite excited. Lots of misc install parts I had to purchase though. The little things add up. Lugs, heatshrink, reducers, fuse blocks, buss bars, distribution points, RCAs, LOC, etc

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I found a great video showing me how to remove the head unit. It is quite the puzzle to get apart but shouldn't take very long. Also, thanks to thefranchise713, I have the needed wiring diagrams to hook up the LOC. For the remote line I plan to hook into the ignition.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'm following. I'm planning on replacing my Crescendo PWXs with the PRV mini Neos.
If you're looking for fuses, fuse blocks, or power distribution parts check out VTE Warehouse. Strong, solid, thick plastic, well built all around, and pretty cheap

41 - 60 of 231 Posts