Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Two done, two in progress. DAMN these look good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got to say that that grey looks a hell of a lot better than the black plastidip! I may have to peel the black off my winter wheels and try this color.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've got to say that that grey looks a hell of a lot better than the black plastidip! I may have to peel the black off my winter wheels and try this color.
You don't even need to peel it off. In fact, you could probably get away with fewer coats if you left the black on.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
And the final product. I am more than impressed with how they turned out, and they look absolutely amazing on the car! Next project is plastidipping other pieces of miscellaneous trim around the vehicle.

...yes, I really need to wash my car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This was the project I had planned for next weekend on my 2000! Im now much more confident that they will look amazing. Yours look awesome.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This was the project I had planned for next weekend on my 2000! Im now much more confident that they will look amazing. Yours look awesome.
My only word of advice I forgot to mention in the write-up is to do nice, light layers. The first coat I put down on the first rim was too thick and started to run, and it is visible on the wheel.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
There are probably some major changes coming to the audio portion of the plan in the next few days.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I plastidipped the side "vents" anthracite grey, the same color as the wheels. I pulled them from the fender and separated the black inner section from the chrome, leaving the black part black.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Daytime dip pics. Also got a Police Interceptor grille for my birthday! I will be installing it on Friday and showing the car off at Automotion in the Wisconsin Dells on Saturday!

21 - 40 of 231 Posts