Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the Daytona 500 today. Damn good race, right down to the end, considering he led very little of that race. You can partially thank bad pits for his win, but we all know he deserves it.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Feb 15 2004, 02:21 PM
Bah... Did you see the two Taurus' (#6, and #99) engines go "BOOM" ?!?!? My god, that was the saddest thing I've ever watched.

I think the M&M's Taurus shoulda won.
I hope Roush Racing doesn't continue the engine woes. I really like Mark Martin and I'd love to see him win a championship. As for Little E, he's cool too. Glad to see him win the 500.

But, I'm a Jeff Gordon fan and I'm glad he set the pace for awhile and ended up with a good top-10 finish.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
You either love him, or you hate him. And I hate him

Honestly, I think it was a pretty boring race. No side by side racing to the checkered flag. Definitely not what I'm used to seeing at Daytona. Plus, Ricky Rudd was stuck a lap down the whole race, and ended up 18th. That's not going to make me happy.
If there was one person after Rudd that I wanted to win, it would have been Rusty Wallace. 20+ years w/o a Daytona win. Then again, Ricky Rudd has been around since 1977, and still hasn't won Daytona. I guess I'm just a fan of the old veterans.

·
Registered
443 Posts
For all we know the motor problems which plagued the 6 and 99 in the race may have been the same one which sent Biffle to the back of the race at the start, they said they changed the bolts tho, but maybe it was too late and those engines were on the verge of going, but none of the other Roush-Yates engines had a failure the whole speedweeks. Oh and I hate Little E with a passion. If he wants to die like his father then so be it, he's already had several concussions from when he wrecked when he didn't wear all the important safety gear including a hans or hutchensons (sp) device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts