Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 451 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Stock or Black would be my choice.

It's a Taurus, not a BREMBO brake edition BMW or something with Yellow calipers.

You want to make it cohesive, and blend, not stand out. They are single piston calipers - nothing exciting.

Maybe stencil a Ford logo or SHO logo on the caliper or something if anything.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Stock or Black would be my choice.

Maybe stencil a Ford logo or SHO logo on the caliper or something if anything.
This is my second idea, military gray calipers with a purple SHO stenciled on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just Awesome Josh !!!!

B) Est.hel was jealous when we saw your "Rosemist SHO"
I love my cars complete package SE Sport Comfort.
Only differences are -
seat leather
You smaller spoiler/lower front dam
Your chromies/ mine are all aluminum 12 window chromies
The Rosemist 35 more horsepower/ 20 ftp torque
If you sell I would love a shot at owning that one !!
:rolleyes2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I just did led interior lights in my 1997, if you need some suggestions let me know...

·
Premium Member
449 Posts

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
^^^ Awesome! Thanks!

I haven't done anything new to the SHO, other than washing it today. I also took the time to wax it during a dry spell. I'm currently sitting inside of it watching how well the rain beads up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
^^^ Awesome! Thanks!

I haven't done anything new to the SHO, other than washing it today. I also took the time to wax it during a dry spell. I'm currently sitting inside of it watching how well the rain beads up.
Nice 99 Caravan in Deep Cranberry Pearl :lol2: Sport trim I presume? And what is being repaired on it? :rolleyes2:

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Nice 99 Caravan in Deep Cranberry Pearl :lol2: Sport trim I presume? And what is being repaired on it? :rolleyes2:
It's a:

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan ES. The color is Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Metallic. And it has a cylinder 5 misfire, not to mention the lower rad hose blew off (due to a faulty hose clamp) and removed all coolant from the cooling system, subsequently, nearly blowing the head gasket(s). Thankfully it didn't blow them so we're going to dive into fixing that misfire.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
It's a:

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan ES. The color is Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Metallic. And it has a cylinder 5 misfire, not to mention the lower rad hose blew off (due to a faulty hose clamp) and removed all coolant from the cooling system, subsequently, nearly blowing the head gasket(s). Thankfully it didn't blow them so we're going to dive into fixing that misfire.
Aww, I was close at least :lol2:

I had a 98 Sport that died because of rust cancer. Specifically, the timing cover has a cooling channel (on the 3.3 at least) with a hose connector that rusted through and dropped all the coolant out of the system. I scrapped it because the transmission was slipping, and as we all know here, timing cover work isn't cheap. You can't even find those timing covers anymore with a realistic price.

As for the misfire, vacuum problems plague those things. Mine had a persistent misfire that I couldn't find for like two years. I gave up after a certain point. I think it was a leaking injector in one of the cylinders, because I had a detonation once while trying to start the thing.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Aww, I was close at least :lol2:

I had a 98 Sport that died because of rust cancer. Specifically, the timing cover has a cooling channel (on the 3.3 at least) with a hose connector that rusted through and dropped all the coolant out of the system. I scrapped it because the transmission was slipping, and as we all know here, timing cover work isn't cheap. You can't even find those timing covers anymore with a realistic price.
Yeah really close. It's almost impossible to tell the 1999-2000 Sport and the ' 1999-2000 ES apart from a front shot LOL.

That sucks. In the amazing PNW we don't use salt, only sand and non-caustic de-icers, so vehicles that have stay here, stay rust free just like from the factory.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Congrats on the $400 find! Overall, what's the condition of the paint? Any significant defects/damage?

As for the caliper paint, it's completely up to you. I've prepped (wire brush and sanded) the metal and painted my share of calipers before, using high quality caliper paint...eventually it will crack and flake off. This happens even faster if you use most wheel cleaner sprays that are on the market. To me, nothing looks worse than flaking brake calipers.

I'd also recommend doing some sort of tint, even if it's light to preserve the interior as much as possible.

At the end of the day, it's your car so you're going to do what you want with it, but it may be worth while to plan out your goals of the vehicle. For me, it always comes down to taking the extra time to do it right the first time. ...and not making a decision in haste; who knows, you may hate the purple 2 years from now and not have the time remove and repaint. Just things to consider...

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Not very long Alex.

The car is finally in our name, the previous owners were on vacation so they couldn't sign a form we needed in order to transfer the title. They were available today so we drove up to Seattle and got the title transfer done,

When my dad and I swapped wheels/tires with the SEL, we noticed that the brake pads and rotors are in really good shape all the way around, we'll bleed the brakes and if that doesn't solve it we'll replace the master cylinder according to a service diagnosis found in the folder of paperwork.

Alternator is set to be removed and rebuilt by a professional eventually.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Congrats on the $400 find! Overall, what's the condition of the paint? Any significant defects/damage?

As for the caliper paint, it's completely up to you. I've prepped (wire brush and sanded) the metal and painted my share of calipers before, using high quality caliper paint...eventually it will crack and flake off. This happens even faster if you use most wheel cleaner sprays that are on the market. To me, nothing looks worse than flaking brake calipers.

I'd also recommend doing some sort of tint, even if it's light to preserve the interior as much as possible.

At the end of the day, it's your car so you're going to do what you want with it, but it may be worth while to plan out your goals of the vehicle. For me, it always comes down to taking the extra time to do it right the first time. ...and not making a decision in haste; who knows, you may hate the purple 2 years from now and not have the time remove and repaint. Just things to consider...
Overall the condition of the paint is just about average, there are scratches here and there and the paint is chipping beneath the rear plate, where one of the daughters in the family before us backed into something, no bumper damage though (surprisingly).

I've decided I'm going to go with military gray calipers, prep will be the most important thing, if it doesn't stick, it's not worth doing.

I plan on doing some similar to factory % tint after February before the temps get too warm to do any damage.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Updated the OP and fixed the picture links.

I also swapped the chromies and SEL wheels until I start driving the SHO. Added one of my "TAURUS" plate frames from the SEL.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Josh--shoot me an email. OASIS data got updated to go back to 1995 and I pulled your SHO's build data and OASIS report (with warranty inservice and build date) if you want them.

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Josh--shoot me an email. OASIS data got updated to go back to 1995 and I pulled your SHO's build data and OASIS report (with warranty inservice and build date) if you want them.
Does this do window stickers?

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
41 - 60 of 451 Posts