441 - 451 of 451 Posts

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #443

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Just go non sarc, lol. I couldn't imagine paying that kind of a price. It's not worth that much trouble to keep it on the road. I also recommend the Gen 2 Moog cargo coils for your rear spring set. Dat stiffness.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
Currently have obtained the following parts for the suspension rebuild:
- ZF SACHS Super Touring replacment front SARC struts & 2x front left ride height sensors
- ZF SACHS Super Touring replacmeent 99 SHO non SARC rear struts

Currently need to obtain:
- Front Right & Left SARC Ride Height Sensors
- Front & Rear Strut Top Mounts
- Front & Rear Coil Springs
- Front & Rear Stab Links
- Front Lower Ball Joints
- Front Lower Control Arm Assemblies
- Set of Subframe Bushings (Aluminum or OEM replacement)

Today I got Barney out from under my car cover for the first time in a month or so and got fluids flowing and the car up to temp. In total PNW fashion it then started raining so back under the cover it went. :)

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Barney's driver seat cushion had been really showing it's age so I hopped on eBay and found me a New Old Stock (NOS) OEM replacement from a '98 SHO. It was the only one remotely similar to what I needed so I bought it and installed it today. The color is a bit off (slightly lighter), however I'm sure it will darken slightly as it gets dirty and wears. I super cleaned the seat back after i took the pics in an attempt to make it match better, and it definitely made it better. Once it's in the car you'll hardly tell the difference! The waves in the leather should sort themselves out over time, fresh leather that has never been stretched before tends to do that....

Old:

New:

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Welp, all good things must come to an end.... I sold Barney to Kris & Andy Angermeier over on SHO Owners... It'll be starting life in Sheboygan, Wisconsin in the next coming weeks.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Glad to see this car going to someone who actually appreciates it.

441 - 451 of 451 Posts