Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently won a JBL RCU off ebay with the intention of winning another auction with all JBL 4 speakers, the sub, and both tweeters. Unfortuntly I did not win the speakers/tweeters/sub. Now I know the JBL was only available in 96 vehicles. Basicly all I want to know is it worth it trying to find all the JBL speakers/tweeters/sub? Could I use the stock speakers with this and then add the sub and tweeters if I find the JBL ones in the junkyard? Or if I find an entire MACH set up could I use those with the JBL RCU?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You can use your stock speakers with the JBL RCU. Really, I'd go with aftermarket speakers over stock speakers even if they are "premium sound". You can use the Mach tweeters. As for the sub, you need the wiring harness with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Jul 9 2009, 12:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738107
You can use your stock speakers with the JBL RCU. Really, I'd go with aftermarket speakers over stock speakers even if they are "premium sound". You can use the Mach tweeters. As for the sub, you need the wiring harness with it.[/b]

So basicly all I need is the sub and the tweeters. Can I use a MACH sub with the JBL rcu? If I can not find the wiring harness could I make my own?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Mach didnt have a sub, only JBL. You can make your own harness, but it's much more difficult to make because you wouldnt have the plugs.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Or you can buy from me the 6x9 JBL sub an harness. B) I have a few available ready to ship. Check my for sale tread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts