Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I totaled my sable I was at the junk yard earlier that day and found a Taurus with Mach tweeters and grills, so at that point I knew I had to get in the trunk and pull out that rcu and to find out it wasn't even Mach it was jbl. And the was something different about that one. It didn't have the self amplified subwoofer connector. And I connected it seeing if it would be wimpy like my other jbl rcu but it wasn't. It was nearly twice as loud as my factory rcu and it wasn't even half way up. It was loud! And the bass was magnificielty increased. Had to lower it down a little less that half way.

My main question is why didn't it have a subwoofer connector and if it was even jbl. Don't have the part number because the rcu was in my car when it caught fire so I lost everything in it

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
The mach amps don't have a subwoofer connector.
If it had mach tweets, chances are it was a mach amp.
What year car was it out of??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure but it did have the jbl logo and what looked like it had it covered looked like it could of been there

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Some 1997 MACH RCUs had a JBL sticker on them. If the sub connector area was blanked out you had a MACH unit :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang and now it's gone. Actually been think about what kind of car to by next and I just got attached to the factory audio setup on these Tauruss that I actually would want another one but I'm not sure which one to look for because I actually like the sho and the taurus/sable(4gen only). Just would like an opinion on wich one would be a better buy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts