Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at Jag S-types and the similaritiees between there duratec and ours. Do you think that the S-Type valve cover would bolt onto our Taurus's/Sable's? If it does, as I would assume it was...I would think it would be funny to have the punk honda kid look under my hood and see that(Jaguar), and look at his reaction.....I guess I want to get even for the fake v-tech sitckers? *shrug*

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Because the Jaguar Duratec has computer controlled variable valve timing, thus the taurus computer would have no idea wtf was going on.

And take some pics of a jag engine and compare them to your taurus, or even better yet bust out a measuring tape. The covers will most likely physically fit, its the components above the valve covers that will prevent the covers from fitting on correctly.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I wonder... could a good tuner make VVT work in a taurus, or is there additional hardware capabilities required that wouldn't be supported by the PCM hardware?

-Dan

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Dont forget about engine bay clearance; the S-type is originally a RWD chassis, so the location of the engine under the hood will be different.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Dant98, I have been asking that exact question for years now.......

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I don't think that any of the VVT sensor would have anywhere to plug into on the taurus EEC. Plus, the software that's involved in controlling the valve timing has got to be substantial.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
research the jags ECU, see if it mounts up....there cant be to big of a difference outside of the transmissions

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just think Mazda6. The V6 model is a 'tec engine with 220hp with the help of VVT (or SVT as Mazda calls it) I think that The Jag's heads are slightly different than the Mazda6 or taurus. But if I'm not mistake, the Taurus and Mazda6 should have the same hookup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts