Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wait wait, i'm not giving up on the Ruff Ryde (never), I've just really fallen for the G3 SHO body lately and i'd love to drop my engine in one. mmmmm :) I hope it fits in that engine bay.

I can't quite put my finger on what makes them look so different from regular G3s but man i've got to get a nice non-running black (or silver) 98/99 SHO

Am I crazy?

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
The bumpers are what do it.

So let me get this straight, you want to replace the 3.4L 32Valve 235hp V8 odb-II engine in a Gen III SHO with a 3.8L 12Valve 140hp V6 EEC-IV engine? Why?

EDIT - just looked at the username. Now I know why, LMAO. I would just get a Gen III V8 though and keep your 95 the way it is

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm Bumpers? is that really all it is? :) I guess i'll have to google some more SHO images to see but I could have sworn there was ......"something" that made those cars look so darn agressive (and hot)

Maybe it'll be easier to find an injured black/silver 98/99 non-SHO and ebay the bumpers?

What about the flared(?) dual exhaust, are those unique to the SHO only?

thanks guys

ps: yes, I think i'd rather have a supercharged essex breathing fire in there but that's probably just me being stubborn again :)

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (DMX @ May 12 2009, 08:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724534
Hmm Bumpers? is that really all it is? :) I guess i'll have to google some more SHO images to see but I could have sworn there was ......"something" that made those cars look so darn agressive (and hot)

Maybe it'll be easier to find an injured black/silver 98/99 non-SHO and ebay the bumpers?

What about the flared(?) dual exhaust, are those unique to the SHO only?

thanks guys

ps: yes, I think i'd rather have a supercharged essex breathing fire in there but that's probably just me being stubborn again :)[/b]
its the front and rear bumpers, sideskirts, and the exhaust. if your dropping a 3.8 in there let me know if the catback system will fit the 3.8's y-pipe, then again, im sure you have a custom y.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
So let me get this straight, you want to replace the 3.4L 32Valve 235hp V8 odb-II engine in a Gen III SHO with a 3.8L 12Valve 140hp V6 EEC-IV engine?[/b]
No, that would be a SUPERCHARGED 3.8L 12 valve EEC-IV V6 engine.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 12 2009, 01:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724581
So let me get this straight, you want to replace the 3.4L 32Valve 235hp V8 odb-II engine in a Gen III SHO with a 3.8L 12Valve 140hp V6 EEC-IV engine?[/b]
No, that would be a SUPERCHARGED 3.8L 12 valve EEC-IV V6 engine.
[/b][/quote]

LOL, I know, hence the edit right after I posted and saw who the OP was :p

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No custom Ypipe here, just a little cut+reweld of some pinched sections and removed cats (a decision I'm not too happy with)

There is the shosource Y though... maybe later this summer B) , it wont be a waste since i'd be taking all that with me anyway if I were to get lucky and find a failed cam/trans G3 SHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts