Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tranny went out. spit fluid everywhere and shot itself n the head. <_< no more ford for me, cheaply made cars cant handle me i guess. i am going to have parts forsale soon. look for them on sus./brakes, aestetics, and sum engine :rolleyes: THE END HAS COME.......for my car

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by americasfuture@May 19 2004, 02:20 PM
cheaply made cars cant handle me i guess.
Maybe it's not the "cheap parts", maybe it's the cheap work you've done. Don't take offense, because I don't really even know you or how experienced with cars you are, but it could be your work that was the problem. Turning a car into a five-speed that wasn't meant to have one will cause problems I'm sure. Once again, I don't even know the exact problem, or whether or not it was related to the switch, so no offense.

Sorry for the problems. I was actually hoping it would work out, because it could have been a "gateway" to other transmission swaps. It seems like everyone is crashing or blowing up these days.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the transmission was a bad one at the start. the owner of the SHO it came from tore it up. the axle that went was fom the same car. axle goes, differential goes out of alignment. the problem was faulty parts. it was a budget swap anyways, so no surprise came to me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tranny has died. 3 is too many in a 6 months time. i have the following fro sale
all gen 2, SHO guage cluster($10), SHO front and rear bumper, and door panels($75 or will divide up) for details on parts, contact me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
This might be a silly question (don't mind the newbie question) but will that Gen2 SHO sway bar fit a gen3? If so what size is it? (mm)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I merged all these topics into one, please post replies in this thread here.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
americasfuture -

According to SixFoFalcon from another thread, "Any sway bar from any Taurus/Sable will fit in any other Taurus/Sable (EXCEPT station wagons!) The suspension geometry has changed very little over the years."

That being the case i'm interested in buying that sway bar if you can tell me what size it is. PM me with the details and i can give you my address for S/H costs.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by americasfuture@May 19 2004, 03:20 PM
no more ford for me, cheaply made cars cant handle me i guess.
Cheaply made? Yes... but not by Ford. :p j/k

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I think it could have been the over spinning of tires and such, but nonetheless this sucks. If i were you I wouldn't just be throwing away all that hard work. I'd be finding a way to hang out to it and fix it up. I mean you had what so many people had only talked about doing for the last few years here.

Good luck
Ben

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the junkyard tried to screw me over on taking my car. they said 150, most i herd all day for it. so i said yes. they come for it today, and offered me 100, no more. i told them hell no. so i think i might just hafta end up keeping the car. so the sale of the parts is off. im sorry yall. things come up and screw everything up. and i did put a lot of time into it for it to just go like that. if it did go, it was a learning experience on tranny swapping. but i guess i am just going to hafta walk a few miles to work or sumthing. like my grand parents did in the snow to get to school, but 15 miles :lol2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dude dont give up you said that the tranny was bad at the start, get another tranny with less miles on it and in better shape but dont give man this is a very cool project.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like i just hafta take whatever i can get out of it. no transmission shops or even the dealer can get me a new one or even hte right parts, mainly the casing since its cracked. im at a deadend wih no way easy or inexpensive way back. parts are back up forsale. sorry for any inconviences this has caused

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I PM'd you on that sway bar now that the parts are for sale again. If that guy you mentioned from before doesn't have dibs on it i'm game.

·
Registered
181 Posts
3 is too many in a 6 months time.

It certainly is.

But that doesn't sound like "cheap parts" to me. Sound more like pilot error.

And blaming parts after you've stated that they were beat up by a previous owner?

No future in that, America.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thought you were parting it? But your selling it to the junkyard? How about you put the entire car in the classifieds here and see if anyone wants it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts