Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mach RCU + Pioneer D Series 6X8's FTMFW!!!!!!!!

Cant believe its just 80w!!!

My stereo sounds amazing now!!!

only thing with the bass up speakers buzz a bit, will some sound deadener cure that?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
If they're rattling the metal, yes. If they're distorting, no.

If they're distorting, turn the bass down, and get a sub. B)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to pay more attention to figure out which one, and then get some crap matt off ebay anyways, i remember MWT said it rocks on the doors.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
glad you like it!! was it worth the money spent? i am glad i found someone to sell it to lol
i need to get some better speakers for my car and i need to put that fabric pad thingy back on my rear parcel shelf i forgot to put it back in when i put the SHO seats in then lost it and couldnt find it back when i had the back seat out for the suspension so the little plastic anchor covers rattle real bad

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!! now i just need tweeters and some crap matt.

at first i regretted spending so much money on speakers but they totally came alive with the rcu, (spent over $300)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Amazing how much of a difference the car is with the MACH RCU upgrade. Get some OEM tweeters from a 1998+ Taurus or Sable and you will have a halfway decent audio system B) Just unclip the tweeter from a donor 1998+ and it will plug into the connector behind the door, your LS Premium has them back there prewired.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a 02 sable.

i left the stereo bumping being reel cool at the gas station yesterday and two of my buddies inside asked me if i have subs.... (i know thats lame, but it just sounds awsome, great bass and still great quality.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts