Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 sable. Rear passenger side window, not going down or up. No sound when i push the window button. All other windows are working. Hardly ever used the rear windows. Don't remember last time it was used.

Can I pull the motor out, open it sound how, look around in it in the hope of clearing something, cleaning, greasing etc. to solve this issue.

I presently don't have a job, so i have some time to work on it, probably next tuesday.

Thanks for any advice---scott

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
That's what I do, too. Quite often motor is fine but the gear is stuck. Some try slamming the door to get the gear unstuck. Once the motor is out, see if it runs from battery.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That's what I do, too. Quite often motor is fine but the gear is stuck. Some try slamming the door to get the gear unstuck. Once the motor is out, see if it runs from battery.
^ This. Push the window button that corresponds with the window that is stuck. Slam the door. Jostles the bushings that probably have dried up grease. Then window begins to work again.

You'll have some rivets to drill out if you want to remove the motor...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried door slamming trick, didn't work. I am going to try again.

I wasn't sure if the motor was rivet to some other part of the window regulator-- How do you go about removing the motor from the regulator?

So, is the inside of themotor avaliable for access, so I can see if things are stuck?

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
Window

I tried door slamming trick, didn't work. I am going to try again.

I wasn't sure if the motor was rivet to some other part of the window regulator-- How do you go about removing the motor from the regulator?

So, is the inside of themotor avaliable for access, so I can see if things are stuck?
I would take the door panel out and see what is going on. I had one and the elect plug just came out. Of course it has a latch, but at the factory they would need to push it all the way in. 'click'.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Once the door panel is off, connect a test light to the harness side of the connector and try the switch in both positions. If it lights up in both switch positions, circuit to motor is fine, and motor is the problem. Sometimes the motors can be fixed, sometimes not.

If its hot, why not turn on the AC?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sometimes slamming the door can make it work b/c it's like whacking a starter to get it to work, has to do with the internals of the motor. Sometimes ya gotta get in there and whack it. Pull the panel off lightly tap the motor with a small hammer while pressing the switch. If it works, then stops working again, replace the motor.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
On my 06, 3 bolts were holding the motor. I open 05 quite a while back, and don't remember if rivet or bolt. I replaced motor on 00 years back. I think I had to drill out rivets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts