Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home today on the highway, I passed a car carrier going the opposite direction and what did I see on the very end of the trailer? A 2010 Fusion! I saw that big chrome grille and smoked headlights coming at me and it took a few seconds to realize what it was... When I did, I just about drove in to the car besides me! It looked like a red sport model and the colour was not much different from Toreador red! Can't wait to drive one of these!

Oh, and I really can't wait to see a new 2010 Taurus on the back of a car carrier!!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:banana:

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
About 6 months ago I was driving down a major road about 5 miles from the Dearborn, MI test track and there was a caravan of 3 2010 Fusions and 3 2010 Milans just driving down the road. I drove 2 miles past my destination to look em over.
They were fully uncovered to see!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Mar 24 2009, 08:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711969
About 6 months ago I was driving down a major road about 5 miles from the Dearborn, MI test track and there was a caravan of 3 2010 Fusions and 3 2010 Milans just driving down the road. I drove 2 miles past my destination to look em over.
They were fully uncovered to see!! :eek:[/b]
I know! This is like so yesterday!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I kicked myself in the face after driving through Dearborn the other day and didn't even think to go a couple miles out of my way to hunt for cars... until I was a good 30 mins away. :(

Drove past that starbucks where we parked on the sidewalk though.

I did see a 2010 Mustang on Sunday. Sweet!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ford is really getting their act together! They're probably going to be the only american automaker that won't have to file for bankruptcy down the road since they came out with Ecoboost engines, and are manufacturing cars in Mexico so the unions don't drain them out of money on labor costs and other expenses. Let's see Toyota and Honda try to copy Ford, I don't think they can. Hopefully the Ecoboost engines will be reliable units, and the hybrid Fusion will be a big hit. Once the '10 models are out, I will be ready to trade in the Taurus and get somthing that I know I will keep longer.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Nice!

I have to say I never thought I'd like Ford this much, but when I enter the work force and it comes time to buy a brand new car, the next gen Fusion and Taurus are definitely on my wish list!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
QUOTE (austex04 @ Mar 25 2009, 12:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712077
Let's see Toyota and Honda try to copy Ford, I don't think they can.[/b]

I don't think they want to. Losing money AND market share year-after-year is hardly a recipe for success. And then there is the fact that Honda sells many more Accords than Ford does Fusions. I don't think Honda wants that to change, either

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
:mike: :party: :dude: :dude:

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I got to drive the 2010 Fusion Hybrid. I have to admit, for being a guy who doesn't care about fuel economy and such...It was nice! Had some nice power too. I still couldn't believe how quiet the thing is when turning it on. Lady said you won't hear it turn on, but in my head I thought, yeah I will. Well I turned the key and well she asked if the green light was on, and it was.
Green light = car is on.
Really nice for a Hybrid, I see alot of sales out of the 2010 Fusion Hybrid.
700 miles to a tank of gas
10,000 miles between oil changes

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I saw a few 2010 Fusions on a transporter this morning as well. Didn't get a good look as they were going in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i wanna get the 2010 Taurus SHO but its msrp is like 38000... thats not cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts