Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted. Any of you who have been around for a while would remember me and my old wagon. I have to tell you, I do miss it. Even with all the issues it was having with the age and mileage. I've become bored cause I'm not working on a car as often as I used to. It sucked when I was having to fix my DD every weekend, but honestly it was giving me things to do and part of that is what I miss. I haven't been working on either my Torrent or my wife's Sonata nearly as much. I am definitely missing the Duratec power that's lacking in my Torrent. It's just 'blah' when you hit the gas, where the wagon hauled pretty good for what it was,

Little update on life...…… In ate September we finally took the initiative and moved. Still in Jersey and still in the same township, just a different town and a MUCH bigger house. It's about 3x the sq footage of the house we owned (renting this one cause we have an exit plan eventually). This is a house that I've always had my eye on since I moved here and always said if it came on market I wanted it. It just so happens it was a foreclosure that someone else bought and fixed up to rent. Why not right? It's an old farmhouse that was built in 1873, 2 years after the formation of the town. If the walls could talk here!! I'm also moving up in the world at work. I've been so busy in the last 2 years with the expansion of the company I support that my company wants to move me up and have someone under me which is ALWAYS a plus. Discussions have been had, and we're moving towards the future in my IT Admin career. Upgrades in life are always a bonus cause they come with more money!

One thing that I did was start to build the YouTube channel I was using for some of my old wagon videos. Hell if some 8 year old can be making millions off of it, why not try to get a little sliver of the pie right? Can't knock the side hustle with a shameless plug, check it out and subscribe to help out :) ...…. JrZ CarZ And on Facebook Jrz Carz

I'm looking to do some repairs of my cars, and do some reviews, but I REALLY want to pick up a project car. I'm just getting bored lately and a project car will fill that ? I'm pissed cause my sister has a 73 Beetle that was a family car that has been sitting and rotting away that we were going to negotiate but that never ended up happening. I saw a 03 Taurus Centennial about 2 weeks ago that I would have picked up the day I saw it, but it sold the same day it was listed which killed me. So the search continues. Really what I'm looking for is something that's in need of a good amount of work, and is cheap. Basically a content car for the channel that I would enjoy owning and repairing. I would love a Gen 1-3 SHO but all in due time.

Either way, it's good to see everyone and I hope everyone is doing well ?

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Well I guess we can take John's pic off the milk carton
Can I have mine taken off too or had you given up hope?
John you really gotta just move outta jersey lol.

Reactions: sheila

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess we can take John's pic off the milk carton
:LOL::LOL: He has risen! Seriously though, it's been crazy lately I'm just now starting to get things back in order. How have you been Mark?

Sam, it's on the checklist of things that WILL happen. We're NOT staying in NJ. We were about to move out of state, but now with my oldest in High School and middle daughter going into High School next year, we can't do it yet. Plus...… This lovely state has an exit tax. If you own a house and sell, they will tax you on the way out. The way around it is to sell, rent in the state for a year then the exit tax doesn't apply. Step one, complete ✔

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted. Any of you who have been around for a while would remember me and my old wagon. I have to tell you, I do miss it. Even with all the issues it was having with the age and mileage. I've become bored cause I'm not working on a car as often as I used to. It sucked when I was having to fix my DD every weekend, but honestly it was giving me things to do and part of that is what I miss. I haven't been working on either my Torrent or my wife's Sonata nearly as much. I am definitely missing the Duratec power that's lacking in my Torrent. It's just 'blah' when you hit the gas, where the wagon hauled pretty good for what it was,

Little update on life...…… In ate September we finally took the initiative and moved. Still in Jersey and still in the same township, just a different town and a MUCH bigger house. It's about 3x the sq footage of the house we owned (renting this one cause we have an exit plan eventually). This is a house that I've always had my eye on since I moved here and always said if it came on market I wanted it. It just so happens it was a foreclosure that someone else bought and fixed up to rent. Why not right? It's an old farmhouse that was built in 1873, 2 years after the formation of the town. If the walls could talk here!! I'm also moving up in the world at work. I've been so busy in the last 2 years with the expansion of the company I support that my company wants to move me up and have someone under me which is ALWAYS a plus. Discussions have been had, and we're moving towards the future in my IT Admin career. Upgrades in life are always a bonus cause they come with more money!

One thing that I did was start to build the YouTube channel I was using for some of my old wagon videos. Hell if some 8 year old can be making millions off of it, why not try to get a little sliver of the pie right? Can't knock the side hustle with a shameless plug, check it out and subscribe to help out :) ...…. JrZ CarZ And on Facebook Jrz Carz

I'm looking to do some repairs of my cars, and do some reviews, but I REALLY want to pick up a project car. I'm just getting bored lately and a project car will fill that ? I'm pissed cause my sister has a 73 Beetle that was a family car that has been sitting and rotting away that we were going to negotiate but that never ended up happening. I saw a 03 Taurus Centennial about 2 weeks ago that I would have picked up the day I saw it, but it sold the same day it was listed which killed me. So the search continues. Really what I'm looking for is something that's in need of a good amount of work, and is cheap. Basically a content car for the channel that I would enjoy owning and repairing. I would love a Gen 1-3 SHO but all in due time.

Either way, it's good to see everyone and I hope everyone is doing well ?
Hi John
Thank you for all your posts regarding your "long roof". Your information has been very helpful. Good luck in making your "fortune" with your Facebook account.
Bob / 2000 Sable "Estate" DOHC w OEM Sunroof
PS Membership Coordinator / Merkur Club of America

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi John
Thank you for all your posts regarding your "long roof". Your information has been very helpful. Good luck in making your "fortune" with your Facebook account.
Bob / 2000 Sable "Estate" DOHC w OEM Sunroof
PS Membership Coordinator / Merkur Club of America
Oh trust me, I'm not going to make anywhere near a fortune. Some 'expendable pocket change' would be nice though :) ?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Glad you're still alive and well. I know what it's like to get bored from having nothing to fix, having a new car with warranty is awesome but then it gets boring, lol. That's why I picked up my 01 Sable. I can fix it at my leisure. The Duratec has some qualities to it that newer motors are just missing, even if they have far more power.

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you're still alive and well. I know what it's like to get bored from having nothing to fix, having a new car with warranty is awesome but then it gets boring, lol. That's why I picked up my 01 Sable. I can fix it at my leisure. The Duratec has some qualities to it that newer motors are just missing, even if they have far more power.
It's funny cause I have been looking for another tinker car but with this Covid-19 crap going around it's making me reluctant to pull the trigger on anything. My wife was just told that her hours are being cut. Luckily enough with me being a Systems Admin I've been inundated with work for the last 3 weeks getting everyone set that can work from home.
I did see a fairly low mile 01 Sable Sport that I have my eye on though ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts