Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford no longer stocks seafoam green paint, and since I'm getting a complete SHO bumper set, and side skirts, I figured I should probably try and give the beastie a decent paintjob... and match the bumpers and skirts at the same time.

Other than going and getting a paintmatch, anyone have any ideas about somewhere I can get seafoam green paint? Or better yet, suggest a nice colour to switch to? I'm gonna prolly have to find someplace that I can prep the car myself, then rent sprayer gear and buy the paint and clearcoat, as well as paper and mask tape.

I've been considering 3 colours: high-gloss candy-apple red, high-gloss metallic eggplant (deep purple, essentially), or a high-gloss medium-to-dark blue...

Whatchyall think?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm a really big fan of "Sonic Blue".

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
All you have to do is go to any automotive paint store and give them a color code and they will mix the paint.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem is that seafom green just isn't making the statement that I want... actually, someone suggested Super-Gloss Black... the black that makes the car look like a black hole on wheels...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*gag*

SWAMP GREEN?!?!

*RALPH*

Nuh-uh.... After DeltarMN's vote, I've officially decided that 'Falling into a deep hole Black' is the colour...the only exterior colouring will be chrome accents... rims, airdam meshes, eurotails and front euros, chromed mufflers... that's it, I think... we'll see.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Take some advice from me.. I just spent tons of money to have my Thunderbird SC repainted show quality black..

Don't do it unless you have a garage and plan to keep it up. Honestly, its gonna be much cheaper, and easier to re-paint it the same color.. AND it be unique.. Haven't seen a sea-foam green SHO-clone around..

Also, tear everything apart to paint it.. All the bumpers, quarter windows, etc.. Like this:

BEFORE:

http://members.tccoa.com/92bird/sc1/prep1.jpg' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

AFTER:

[url=http://members.tccoa.com/92bird/sc1/sc1.jpg][img]http://members.tccoa.com/92bird/sc1/sc1.jpg' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SHO clone?

*banging my head against the wall*

CLONE???????????

*banging some more*

Urk.

*twitching a little*

I'll go and kill myself now.

*tick tick tick*

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Clone?

Yea, kinda like this:

And I got a '92 SHO parts car to supply everything..

Oh, but my '95 SE was already more than halfway there. SHO interior, rear spoiler, etc..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
LOL! didn't mean to rub it in..

I'm still debating on weather or not to put the SHO bumpers and cladding on.. I really hate to lose my crystal lenses..

But yea, a taurus SE is really a good candidate for a SHO-look-a-like conversion.

Jeramie

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's not a clone... I'm going to be doing a complete changeover... engine, ECM, suspension, cladding, everything... mind you, I had a talk with the fiancee, and she'd like me to see if I can even go a little farther, and make it a convertible... heh.

I love a challenge...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts