Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Taurus, it was running ok then one day i went to go to work and the car wouldn't start. It would turn over like it wanted to start but would not. I let it sit all day while I was at work and when I got home I tried it and it started. I does this type of behavior periodically as well as when I am driving around it has the bad taste of just deciding to not run in the middle of the road or where ever. When it is in the mood to not start we have checked and there was not spark. I have taken it into a garage and they have replaced the "control module". It is presently at the garage again and they have not found anything wrong with it. Anybody have this same type of problem with their car? Please let me know.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If it runs rough right before it dies then I would check the following:

Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Distributor Cap
Rotor
Coil

If not then I'd also check your fuel injectors and their lines. Do you get a check engine light? If so, it could be a O2 sensor and the engine isn't getting enough 02 to run.

G

·
TFI modules, or control modules, usually only fail when hot. Make sure the shop has properly greased the back of the control module, and that all screws are installed and tight. Because of the intermittentness (is that even a word?) of the problem, I'd guess you have a bad TFI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts