Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Taurus that the past few cold mornings has cranked slow, to the point where I was lucky it started after the 3rd attempt this a.m. It was -10 out. It did this a couple times through out this a.m. so I purchased a new battery figuring that was the problem. Put it in and the car started right up. Drove it for apporimately a 1/2 hour, parked it at home and now the same slow cranking. It barely started after the second attempt. I now question whether the battery is the problem as the lights etc all work. Any ides? The new battery was charged when installed. Terminals are clean. I don't think the alternator as the accessories do work. I guess to sum up the issue, it cranks like its the middle of winter and theirs next to no juice in the bateery, but the lights, radio, heat etc all work fine. Frustrating to say the least.
The service engine light was on for a week or so, a week before this issue. Any help would be much appreciated. The engine is a 3.0.
Thanks for any and all help.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was about 2 1/2 hours after I parked it. I did get it started ran it for 10 minutes or so and it cranked slow, very slow but did catch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts