Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a issue with my power accessories on the driver's side door. All the windows started to working intermittently with them working when the door was closed then not when open. Now what happens is when you open the door, it will chime with the key in and the interior light will come on. But if you turn the key on and try to use the windows or the rear defrosters, the interior light stops working and the chime quits, along with the power door locks. After about 15 min, the car again recognizes when the door is open. Also the locks always work from the pass. side. and the power mirrors has quit working altogether.

I have checked the wiring in the door and its in tack. I have spraying wd-40 in the lock. I have check the fuses. Also when the drivers window button is pressed you can here the relay but when any other button is pushed nothing is heard. The battery has a full charge and everything under the hood is intact. Right now the windows are stuck down and thats a problem! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Got a issue with my power accessories on the driver's side door. All the windows started to working intermittently with them working when the door was closed then not when open. Now what happens is when you open the door, it will chime with the key in and the interior light will come on. But if you turn the key on and try to use the windows or the rear defrosters, the interior light stops working and the chime quits, along with the power door locks. After about 15 min, the car again recognizes when the door is open. Also the locks always work from the pass. side. and the power mirrors has quit working altogether.

I have checked the wiring in the door and its in tack. I have spraying wd-40 in the lock. I have check the fuses. Also when the drivers window button is pressed you can here the relay but when any other button is pushed nothing is heard. The battery has a full charge and everything under the hood is intact. Right now the windows are stuck down and thats a problem! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey, I would actually open up all the doors, and bring the windows fully up, they will stay so then you can take more time into figuring out the problem. Did you look at the relay switch underneath the dash by the steering column? Those are known to go bad and cause you problems as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts