Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to this diagram

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/867784-post7.html

I think my "18 7B028 Fluid Cooler Tube" in my AX4N is leaking. It's certainly rusty and covered in oil. I've also noticed dripping oil. The tube is on the engine side of the radiator, directly below the fans. Have I correctly ID'd the part and how much do you think a shop would charge to replace it?

Thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
Slow leak or squirting? If it's a slow leak bring it to a shop and they'll splice in either another steel line or cut it and reconnect it with rubber. Depends on who you go to, they could charge 1/2 to a full hour shop time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slow leak or squirting? If it's a slow leak bring it to a shop and they'll splice in either another steel line or cut it and reconnect it with rubber. Depends on who you go to, they could charge 1/2 to a full hour shop time.
Slow leak. I never see it squirting. I just see the oil drops every day wherever I park.

·
Registered
405 Posts
They cut the steel tube and spliced in a rubber hose. Can't remember how much they charged, I had a couple other things done at the same time and it was 4 or more years ago.

You can do it yourself - get some re-enforced rubber tubing, a pair of hose clamps and a small tubing cutter. Be prepared for the fluid that will come out of the line when you cut it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They cut the steel tube and spliced in a rubber hose. Can't remember how much they charged, I had a couple other things done at the same time and it was 4 or more years ago.

You can do it yourself - get some re-enforced rubber tubing, a pair of hose clamps and a small tubing cutter. Be prepared for the fluid that will come out of the line when you cut it.
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just make sure it is indeed your atf line and not ps line by checking dipstick levels.
Hehe, I've lived with it for about a year and my power steering fluid is unchanged. My transmission fluid keeps going from full to below the round hole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts