Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From most of the other threads I have read on here, it appears that Gatorback is the most recommended serpentine belt for the Taurus. I think Gatorback is now Continental. I just wanted to make sure that these belts are still the same quality? Does anyone have a different brand they recommend? I just replaced the belt last year along with the idler pulley but it has started squeaking again. I don't think I used Gatorback last time. Going to change the tensioner first and then if it is still making noise, I will buy the new belt.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1332875&jsn=3&_nck=Ekt6BqBF1pwlXdx0gYlm1esw98pF26vehMm/GG3C/l2QOXSJubi7WaPjz7KO9EMWFitwBUiF14j0los7m5ssbVtRmHDfXOtmNvO+I3ow0KuGkcTHbQomiTQNzKTYfxAttqKvE+SUIo5UO/w5MQyARbHTqj4N4U4fiCx5PMFx2uksG/oPS5qOZfp7LTIfSYh7GBUfHxiMhoVNGyk0OxNO3iuE8oJvVFXnGWKLR6tDhl2OQfNlrwRk9bNvQvf6ys+6Mq0vjH6KsErdlHQ8mJFa2FCleEcFe3604HOhwnhknLVsgmqGA6+DwagBe9gJzeSb2gj2ykcoGx1oKqaNhU5+zuvAVlBw98Ig

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Pic of house brand belt not used long enough to even polish the back side.

The Continental has bias groves that make it flex easier and make less heat. Last longer.

Squeak is usually the result of a pulley out of alignment.

-chart-

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts