Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this car and figured i should get familiar with the location of things that will need to be replaced often and after doing many searches for pcv valve location it kept pointing me to this area of my engine but my pcv valve looks a lot different then what i remember them looking like or what other peoples pics of there engine looked like.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
:welcome:
QUOTE (socrates75 @ Apr 8 2009, 10:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716219
I just got this car and figured i should get familiar with the location of things that will need to be replaced often and after doing many searches for pcv valve location it kept pointing me to this area of my engine but my pcv valve looks a lot different then what i remember them looking like or what other peoples pics of there engine looked like.....[/b]
Yours is a lot cleaner than Mine. :angry: :lol2:
Yes it is. Take it out and shake it. If it rattles, its still good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You might want to check the hose that leads from the PCV to the intake for cracks and splits.

I had one that was all cracked and was the source of a major vacuum leak.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the help guys, i will check the hose today for any signs of where, i haven't pulled the pcv valve out yet so i will check that as well :) hey what about the air filter, is it true the K&N filters give a little more power? cause my car is slow at the start but after about 40k it picks up a lot better ;)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
for my 95 vulcan, i can feel a difference with the k&n panel filter.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That is the PCV valve.

They are cheap to buy. Get another one. Good to change out every 30,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Don't bother with the K&N filter, just use the paper type, and use the money you saved to replace the cabin air filter at the same time. If your cabin filter dosen't have a rain hat, nows the time to make that mod.

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (davesbedroom @ Apr 8 2009, 01:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716261
You might want to check the hose that leads from the PCV to the intake for cracks and splits.

I had one that was all cracked and was the source of a major vacuum leak.[/b]
Had that problem on my '00 Bull. That little hose is $25 plus at the dealer so i bought a hose at Autozone that was about a little over a foot long and routed it around so it does not pinch. Cost me less than $5. I am cheap. What can I say????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts