Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
yes very common a new one is about 20 bucks at the dealer you can bet your rear one is just as bad also about 20

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, you have to get that at the dealer. Mine did the same thing and none of the common auto parts stores had them. The entire hose/tube thing was $20. The official name of it is something about the PCV hose.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, you have to get that at the dealer. Mine did the same thing and none of the common auto parts stores had them. The entire hose/tube thing was $20. The official name of it is something about the PCV hose.
Yeah That is most def a PCV system hose. I wouldl get that covered asap to make sure your car idles smoothly and the oil doesnt go to hell (sorry that is the bobs the oil guy forum side in me B)). Why doesnt AAP or AZ or Napa carry new ones?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah That is most def a PCV system hose. I wouldl get that covered asap to make sure your car idles smoothly and the oil doesnt go to hell (sorry that is the bobs the oil guy forum side in me B)). Why doesnt AAP or AZ or Napa carry new ones?
Not sure. I went to AAP, AZ, Carquest, and NAPA and none of them even had an appropriate rubber elbow that would fit on both ends. So I bit the bullet, drove to the dealership, and had to buy the entire tube/hose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All fixed now. Just as you guys said, Auto Zone, Checker Auto, Napa.. none of them had it.
Went to the ford dealer and couldn't buy just the little elbow had to buy the whole damn hose but at least it's fixed and it's always nice getting something new and shiny in there :coolgleam:

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
A much cheaper solution can be had in the dorman Help! section @ your local auto parts store. Part#s 46017 or #47028.

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
For the gen.3 tec u-shaped(candy-cane shaped) pcv hose under the tb, you can get the correct hose(part#3029-63034) or the dorman Help! section s-shaped hose & cut off one end of the s. A little silicone spray or spit on the nipple ports & you are good to go. The dorman Help! part# is #46002.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts