Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loud pop followed by cabin filling up with a light smoke, then no air conditioning. So it seems to be related to the air but anyone know what it may be?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Was the pop and smoke an isolated incident or does it happen every time you turn the AC on?
First time it ever happened .. I started the car, heard the pop, saw some light smoke, and now I have no air.

EDIT .. I just looked under the car and there is a small pool of yellow / greenish liquid underneath, looks like fresh coolant but the engine coolant level seems OK.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Do the vents blow at all or just blow hot?

Sounds like maybe a blower motor resistor but tough to say without a few more details about the "no air".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the vents blow at all or just blow hot?

Sounds like maybe a blower motor resistor but tough to say without a few more details about the "no air".
The vent fan is working, but does not blow cool air .. just whatever temp the outside air is at. So A/C is out for sure, there was a loud pop for sure, there was slight smoke for sure, and there is a bright yellow leak for sure .. could the A/C bust the same time as a coolant leak developed?

·
Registered
430 Posts
You had something burst. Hopefully it was a line that was rubbing on something. That yellowish/green fluid is mineral oil and leak detector from your A/C system. Track that down and find your leak, then try to figure out what would cause the system to over pressurize.

Ed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You had something burst. Hopefully it was a line that was rubbing on something. That yellowish/green fluid is mineral oil and leak detector from your A/C system. Track that down and find your leak, then try to figure out what would cause the system to over pressurize.

Ed
Thank you!

I was really wondering about the yellow fluid, especially since the coolant level remained unchanged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts