Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I have been looking for another (newer) Taurus/Sable wagon to replace my 1999 Taurus Wagon, my wagon has gotten way to rusty (I live in Western NY!!) and old and worn to continue to repair for much longer. I bought this car in '01 with 83,000 miles on it for $6,700.00 at a dealer and now have 273,815 miles on it, was my first ford and first front wheel drive vehicle, I really do like this car! It has the 24 valve DOHC engine and I thinks thats one reason it still functions as a daily driver for me (450 miles a week just to and from work).
My question concerns one particular Sable wagon I looked at a few months ago and I have yet to find another with this option and would like to know was it an available option or possibly a special order/executives car?? It was a 2004 Sable LS Premium wagon (vin # 1MEHM59S94A607554 ) with every option including moonroof and a full console with a floor shifter, it was Merlot Metalic (red) (if you can't guess, I have the dealer printout in front of me!). I liked the car as it was in pretty good shape but was priced FAR above what I can afford and more than what I felt the car should be worth. Was $13,953.00, web price was $11,653.00 and the last time I saw it listed online it was a little under $10,000.00. Still way more than what I think a 5 1/2 year old car is worth and also much more than I could reasonably afford.
As I am still looking for a replacement I have seen no other ones with the full console and floor shifter, has anyone else?? or is this just something I just will not find again?? Also, on the Autocheck (similar I guess to carfax) it says this car was sold at auction when it was 1 year old with 23,152 miles and it says "reported at Auto Auction as Manufacturer Vehicle" what does that mean??

thanks!,
Dana Bennett.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Kelley Blue Book says that the suggested retail value of the 2004 is around $10,9.....you didn't mention the mileage or condition so I just put excellent and guessed 60k miles, although it would obviously be more if it was driven around 23k every year. Private party value would be around $9,000 so I guess you could talk them down to that or probably even more.

Kelley Blue Book - 2004 Mercury Sable

I couldn't find the exact definition on Autocheck, but Carfax had this to say:

Manufacturer Vehicle —
Manufacturer vehicles are vehicles put up for sale by the manufacturer. These vehicles are typically only available to dealers at special auctions. These vehicles have generally been registered as lease or rental vehicles.

Hope that helps! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The floor shifter was standard on LS Premiums.

I don't imagine that LS Premium wagons were all that common though.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
LS Premium is the top of the line trim level for the Sable so it's not unusual for it be equipped that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts