Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '03 Taurus SE made me wonder again today if I was nuts to buy another Taurus after having so many problems with my former '99 SE that I traded with only 40K miles on it.
Today...after driving about 130 miles at 55-65 mph, my transaxle warning light starts blinking. With just 9,400 miles on this car...all I could do was shake my head. I pull over and check the fluid level-it's fine and it smells OK-not burnt or anything. I get back in the car and continue the 20 more miles to my destination. Once there, I check the owners manual. It says "blinking means a PROBLEM has been detected" a steady light means get it serviced right away.

30 minutes later, I get back in the car to return home-no light, no blinking. I proceeded to run 65-75 mph for most of the 150 miles back home. The light did NOT come back on at all.
Now I wonder....is something getting ready to die....or could the computer have made some sort of "adjustment" and took care of the problem on its own. (wishful thinking maybe). Anybody had this with a low milage car?
Thanks in advance....I know some of you guys are pretty sharp on this stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
More than likely, the light set a DTC (diagnostic trouble code). An '03 should still be under warranty; take it to Ford to get that code scanned, and go from there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with Ford on my transaxle light....they said since the light no longer blinks-the computer has made the adjustments needed. Not to worry unless it become continuous. I'm make a 300 mile trip next week-hope he is right!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts