Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 1996 ford taurus gl and it doesnt have a key fob and i was wondering is it supposed to have one? any help on this topic would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
you can enter "FOB Programming" by cycling your ignition switch.

insert key and QUICKLY move from OFF To RUN (not START)8 times. Ending in RUN . The doors will then lock then unlock.
Also all does must be Closed.
If so, you have keyless entry. Congratulations. Go a buy a fob on eBay.

Most people don't get it on the first few tries. Don't get discouraged if you don't get it the first time.

Each time Completly with draw the key and wait a few seconds before tying again.

Welcome to the forum BTW. :welcome:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
QUOTE (1996taurusgl @ May 26 2009, 01:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728023
hi i have a 1996 ford taurus gl and it doesnt have a key fob and i was wondering is it supposed to have one? any help on this topic would be appreciated[/b]
Step 1. Find the instructions for programming a key fob
Step 2. If the lock "actuates" at the end of the instructions, then go buy one and use it. Get the right one (lock, unlock, panic, and trunk labeled on it)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (thesavo @ May 26 2009, 01:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728028

insert key and QUICKLY move from OFF To RUN (not START)8 times. Ending in RUN . The doors will then lock then unlock.

Most people don't get it on the first few tries. Don't get discouraged if you don't get it the first time.

Each time Completly with draw the key and wait a few seconds before tying again.

Welcome to the forum BTW. :welcome:[/b]
The instructions are a bit different for the early G3s.
http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/Features/Remote.html Find your year and corresponding instructions and try 'er out.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ May 26 2009, 05:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728068

http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/Features/Remote.html Find your year and corresponding instructions and try 'er out.
[/b][/quote]
No way! Never thought it varied. Guess I never thought of check the Encyclopedia. Wow. Some you need to jumper a connector to enter programming. Some had 5 Cycles then they switched to 8. Now newer models can be done with the service computer. Nice Fine!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
QUOTE (thesavo @ May 27 2009, 09:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728255
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ May 26 2009, 05:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728068

[/b][/quote]
No way! Never thought it varied. Guess I never thought of check the Encyclopedia. Wow. Some you need to jumper a connector to enter programming. Some had 5 Cycles then they switched to 8. Now newer models can be done with the service computer. Nice Fine!
[/b][/quote]

I have a '97 and all I did was use the 5 cycle method then hit 'unlock' on the remote -- its worked great ever since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts