Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Ford Taurus driver side pushed in CV into tranny put it all back together and after watching a video about the dreaded shiny bar or shiny streak, this makes me uncertain, not sure if it’s in as far as it should have gone.

I removed the tire call back under and Pulled out and it moves about an eighth of an inch and won’t come out any further but I’m not sure if it’s hitting the other axle half.

there appears to be about five eights of shiny shaft which corresponds with the old wear marks of the seal on the old CV axle however; people say that knuckle should be close to the transmission and there’s about a three-quarter inch gap.

how does one prove it’s in far enough and locked in?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2000 Ford Taurus driver side pushed in CV into tranny put it all back together and after watching a video about the dreaded shiny bar or shiny streak, this makes me uncertain, not sure if it’s in as far as it should have gone.

I removed the tire call back under and Pulled out and it moves about an eighth of an inch and won’t come out any further but I’m not sure if it’s hitting the other axle half.

there appears to be about five eights of shiny shaft which corresponds with the old wear marks of the seal on the old CV axle however; people say that knuckle should be close to the transmission and there’s about a three-quarter inch gap.

how does one prove it’s in far enough and locked in?

thanks in advance.
and yes this is my first Taurus CV joint replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts