Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it to difficult to install a contracting sunroof? im looking for one if anyone know a company that sell the that will fit in my 2nd gen taurus. i would reall love t-tops but that wont happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my car did come with a sunroof, so second ? how hard is it to install a factory sunroof out of a junkyard (if i can find one) i would love to get one.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Easiest way to put a sunroof on a car that didn't come with one is to replace the whole roof. As far as replacing one, it shouldn't be too hard, but you will need to remove the whole headliner.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
There are a few aftermarket companies that make suroof and it would be the better option compared to cutting up the roof for a factory unit.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
Go aftermarket and do it yourself. Found this one in a Taurus sedan at Pull-A-Part for about $20

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Installing a sun roof is actually very easy. The hardest part of the whole install............cutting a big frick'n hole in your roof. Mess up and your really scr3wed. Back in the early 80's, I had a friend who wanted to put a medium sized sun roof in his car himself. He measured the sunroof, cut the hole and then dropped the sunroof right through the hole. :eek: He measured the outside edges of the complete sunroof, not following the instructions for a smaller opening. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: He ended up buying another larger sunroof to cover up his mess up. :lol2:

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
^ That sounds like something id pull, lol! Oops! And my install would be like Morton Salt: When it rains, it pours!

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
I measured and marked it up a week before the cut rechecking it everyday. Here's a tip...use plenty of masking tape on the roof to write on. Make a mistake, add a new layer.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
any chance in a small write up/how to? and what options do you get just a tilt up? thats basically all im interested in and having light come through, the tilt up makes the car look much sportier.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
x2, i would like a write up on this to. so anyone have company names that i can check out there sunroofs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts