Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,ve got a 92 SHO,during even light acceleration,the steering goes tight during left hand turns,there are no signs of component wear in the suspension or steering,does this model have any electronics in the steering for variable assist.Does anybody think the problem would be in the diff,I don,t have anybody up here with SHO stick shift experience and can,t afford to pay shoptime for fishing trip.All advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Russ in Canada

·
Registered
198 Posts
I,ve got a 92 SHO,during even light acceleration,the steering goes tight during left hand turns,there are no signs of component wear in the suspension or steering,does this model have any electronics in the steering for variable assist.Does anybody think the problem would be in the diff,I don,t have anybody up here with SHO stick shift experience and can,t afford to pay shoptime for fishing trip.All advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Russ in Canada
I don't have a sho but my 92 taurus lx had that problem and it was the ps pump was beginning to fail. I changed it and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The steering does not have electronics in it. Unless you can find something wrong with the steering system I would first see if you are properly aligned. That way you can eliminate 1 possibility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts