Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been attemting to track the problem with my non functioning cruise control, but I cant seem to get power to the cruise servo. I have gone over the service flow chart again and again, to no avail. Power on the connector of the servo should be getting 10V or better. It is connector C102 ckt 1087 (orange) and C102 ckt 85 (black). From the fuse box the 6th fuse will supply this power. Fuse 28 supplies the Boo and deactivator switches. This circuit also runs the TR sensor and 1 or 2 other things. FWIW all day yesterday that orange lead could not get power, today it was powered for an hour or so, but still wouldnt power the servo. Then all of a sudden the power dissapeared. I have tried to track down that orange wire, but ,lose it back in the dash. It has become clear that there is a short somewhere, or one of the other things on this circuit is not allowing me to get power. All brake lights work, so my Boo switch should be good. I even replaced it as a precaution. Now, the other odd thing is the deactivator switch is only getting power to its one lead (I am told that both leads should have power to them while the pedal is released) but the grn/rd is getting powered, the tn/or is not getting power. I tried 3 diffent switch replacements that made no change. I also cant get my cruise bulb to illuminate, there is a known working bulb in the instrument cluster. I have checked every single fuse multiple times. I have tried the self test where you press every switch, off/on/resume, etc, but the bulb will not come on, nor will it do a static test where it pulls the cruise cable 2-10mm, as it should. I also changed out the clock spring, even though the horn works fine. In addition I replaced the on/off switch on the steering wheel, as I had broken it All switch resistance tests are in spec. Cruise set indicator is getting power as it should, which is pin 1 on C102 (og/lb). I also replaced the servo, but that did no good. At this point, the only thing I didnt replace was the instrument cluster. In 2 days I spent approx 20 hours going over everything many times, looking for something that I missed. I also found out the hard way that the horn wont work if you have the C102 connector off of the servo. You can bet I will never forget that little bit of info! Lol... Would it be possible to pull 12v from a good circuit and bypass that orange lead and direct my power source directly to the servo? In addition, I dont have a clue what else is causing me to get power to only 1 wire off the deactivator switch,(while brake not depressed). I do know that if there are any rear bulbs out that this would cause problems. I am at wits end on this one. I wonder if a faulty instrument cluster would cause all this mess. I am going to have to figure a way to test that cruise bulb to see if I can get it just to light up, and than go from there. I know I have been all over the place in my descriptions, but it has been one hell of a weekend with this problem. If anone can give me anymore direction in my attempts to correct this, I would be forever grateful...
Tom

1 - 1 of 1 Posts