Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at buying a 94 taurus sho i have not seen it yet i found it on Craigslist and the price for the sho is $200.00 and i spoke to the owner and he says that it starts right up with a battery but the interior is beat all leather and it is a automatic.. so i am looking at it a few different 1st way is check it over and sell it 2nd way is fix it up for my self (but i have no use for it all ready have a wagon) 3rd way part it out so let me know thanks
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2013068610.html

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Unless you plan to keep it, you will not make any money on it and you wont make much money for parting it.

You may have a wagon but it will be 10x more fun.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Around here, if you have a way to tow the car or drive it, it would be worth buying and taking to the scrap yard. The pull a part lots are paying over $200 a ton the last time I was there. So you could make a couple $$ on it that way. As far as parting out, if the interior is trash, thats your $200 gone there. Wont get much for the rims & tires, then you will need a tow to get it out of your yard if you do sell them. For the most part, buying a car to part out and maybe make some cash on is a real long shot. Trust me, I have found a couple I thought of doing that with, but backed out before I was stuck. Its another thing if its full of parts you can use for yourself, but they wont fit your wagon..LOL.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I wish places offered $200 a ton near me. I got offered $95 total for an '87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue. :glare:

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
loudsho92, by work, i meant time and money, but im more familiar with the more problematic and tempermental gen3 3.4 v-8s. I sometimes forget the gen2 3.0 and 3.2 v-6s were more reliable and less demanding.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I wish places offered $200 a ton near me. I got offered $95 total for an '87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue. :glare:
Thats about all the yards pay that come to pick up a car. With the pull a part lots, you have to get the car to them somehow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts