Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a headlight out on my 2001 Taurus, and am going to replace both bulbs with Sylvania Ultras.

I keep the headlight lenses polished as part of my normal detailing routine on the car, and they are like new (amazing, after 10 years, that they look like they do). The light output on the car seems to be adequate on both high and low beam (though the only thing I have to compare it to is my '03 GS430 with HID's).

I did some searching on the forum, and saw the discussions on replacing the wiring harness with one from suvlights.com However, it seemed that was recommended for the Gen 3's -- would that also help the Gen 4?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Good question. A standard harness kit will certainly eliminate the voltage drop to the headlights. I have held off from adding it to my '01 because my car has daytime running lights and auto-lights. I don't want to further modify my stock wiring without researching the OEM wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got DRL's as well -- and honestly, I question if I do enough night-time driving to justify spending time/money on the harness upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts