1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a sable a taurus?

i say yes
but several ppl were determined to convince me otherwise
by saying that its like saying that a pt cruiser is a neon (built on the same platform)

i still say its a taurus and it will always be one

wht do u think?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
QUOTE (anuzi4u @ May 28 2009, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728685
is a sable a taurus?

i say yes
but several ppl were determined to convince me otherwise
by saying that its like saying that a pt cruiser is a neon (built on the same platform)

i still say its a taurus and it will always be one

wht do u think?[/b]
I say yes...with just a few subtle changes...Headlights, rear doors and rear window and rear lights...I am not the expert but....it was built on the same frame and uses the same engines...and MOST parts are interchangeable!
:ford: + :merc: = :thumb:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
If not, a whole lot of people in this club need to get their asses over to SCCA, the Sable Car Club of America... Oh, wait, that doesn't really exist. :p I guess the Sable is a Taurus after all. Viva la Bull! :ford: & Viva la Rodent! :merc:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Im just going with No. They were made to go after different groups of people.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Lets put it this way................which car is still around as a 2010......................? :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
hmmm.... YOUR SABLE is not a taurus. What's up with that dented fender and effed up bumper? There are plenty of parts in the junkyard. Why keep funky parts on your car?

They are basically the same with the exception of some body stuff.

I have certain interior parts from a Sable in my Taurus, so I certainly can't discriminate against the Sable.

While they are not identical, they are pretty much the same.

However, the idea of a 2010 Sable does not excite me while the 2010 Taurus does.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
A Sable is not a Taurus by the very definition of their names itself. A Sable is not a version of the Taurus: it is its own car. Granted, 95% of the parts may be similar, but it is still separate. It's like asking whether a 98 Taurus is a 99 Taurus...they aren't: different years.

And a SHO is a Taurus as the SHO is a trim line of the Taurus. It's as bad as Neon SRT owners who refuse to believe their car is a neon...or Civic Type R racers who don't believe they have a civic...

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i say no. if my car has a taurus badge on it then its a taurus but it doesnt so its not a taurus its a sable (even though it doesnt say that anymore lol) if the sable was a taurus it would say taurus on it... they were designed on the same platform as two seperate entities and were marketed as such

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Cosmetics and name badges aside, they are the same car in the way a Firebird is a Camaro, AKA a GM "F" body.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts