Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i recently got an itouch which i think is amazing. however im not sure what the best way is to go when i want to hear music from it through my car stereo. i had a tape with the aux connection but for some reason my tape player doesnt like it, every 5 seconds it keeps spitting the cassette out :( any fellow mp3 owners have any tips? ive been burning a lot of cds lately and since i have the rear changer i get lazy lol.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
The name is slipping me right now, but if you search you'll see an AUX adapter for the trunk. Essentially you can split your CD input so that you can change between CD and iPod, both which go through the same connection in the RCU. That's the best way for best quality music.

Of course, you can always use a FM transmitter as well, but I find those don't work as well....

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
PIE x3 if you're not willing to give up your changer, or the base PIE adapter or USA Spec line-in adapter (I believe it's special order at Pep Boys) if you don't mind losing it. :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
You could buy a new casette adapter...it sounds like it has gone bad...I had one that did this on me

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (Darthenstein @ May 18 2009, 04:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726020
You could buy a new casette adapter...it sounds like it has gone bad...I had one that did this on me[/b]
Mine works beautifully, just have to turn up the Mp3 volume to about 75%

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (dark_fire @ May 18 2009, 09:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726190
QUOTE (Darthenstein @ May 18 2009, 04:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726020
You could buy a new casette adapter...it sounds like it has gone bad...I had one that did this on me[/b]
Mine works beautifully, just have to turn up the Mp3 volume to about 75%
[/b][/quote]
I tried that as well but it gets all fuzzy for whatever reason. I don't get it cuz I used the same cassette in my truck and my moms navigator and it works without a problem.

·
Registered
112 Posts
QUOTE (GUN SHO @ May 18 2009, 07:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726215
I tried that as well but it gets all fuzzy for whatever reason. I don't get it cuz I used the same cassette in my truck and my moms navigator and it works without a problem.[/b]
Yeah I had a similar problem. I've gone through 3 cassette tapes in 2 years. If it spits it out, replace it. The fuzzyness is because you turn up the stereo volume too much. So turn it down a little and turn the volume up on the iPod. But if you turn the iPod volume up too much you get a horrible feedback noise that sounds like thunder is hitting the roof lol. You just have to find that sweet spot with just the right amount of volume from the iPod and just the right amount from the stereo. I wish there was a better way we could connect iPod's to our cars, but most of them cost more then we want to pay...

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Using the cassette audio signal wires going to the RCU and like $10 worth of parts from Radio Shack will get you a good signal without the feedback. There's a couple links in the Topic Finder that shows you how to do it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I don't like the cassette set up as much as I like the FM transmitter. You have some top of the line ones that cost a lot with better sound quality, but this $6 one works fine for me. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10130~r.53733725

HINT: I disabled my mixer/equalizer on my MP3 player, that way my music is not equalized twice. Only once through the car.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Just get a aftermarket head unit with a AUX input!

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
QUOTE (wildaaron @ May 19 2009, 02:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726373
QUOTE (animex2 @ May 19 2009, 10:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726370
Just get a aftermarket head unit with a AUX input![/b]
Aftermarket head units are ugly and don't match...any car at all. The factory look is perfect.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, a sinlge DIN stock unit looks much better in my SHO than the Kenwood aftermarket. What about the double DIN pioneer nav setups Chevy uses sometimes now?

In a Gen III, an aftermarket looks bad. Due to the curves. IN a Gen III SHO it looks even worse when people put them in an ashtray. C - either go PIE X3 or look up the mod to the football allowing an iPod connection without using the tape.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (animex2 @ May 19 2009, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726370
Just get a aftermarket head unit with a AUX input![/b]
Now how is that gonna work in a gen3 with a rear changer :huh: Id take my 6 disk over aftermarket anyday

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ May 19 2009, 01:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726233
Using the cassette audio signal wires going to the RCU and like $10 worth of parts from Radio Shack will get you a good signal without the feedback. There's a couple links in the Topic Finder that shows you how to do it.[/b]
If it keeps spitting out the cassette, that won't work. Every time the cassette gets spit out, it'll stop accepting the audio signal coming from the tape player.

When my player was spitting the cassettes, I needed a new head unit. No tape or tape adapter would stay in for more than a few seconds (it would also say TDE1 or TDE3).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know it won't work, but I love my Pioneer unit. I have a USB port in my glove box that I hook my iPod up to.

The iPod Touch is a nifty little toy though.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (OrangeBull @ May 19 2009, 09:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726480
I know it won't work, but I love my Pioneer unit. I have a USB port in my glove box that I hook my iPod up to.

The iPod Touch is a nifty little toy though.[/b]
yeah i love the touch, my friend just uses a thumb drive for his usb port on his. pretty neat how it just runs off that less cables.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts