Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Taurus appreciators,

About a year ago I bought myself a 2014 Taurus SEL AWD. I bought it at my state's government used auto fleet auction. It was a former state representative car, so it was clean and well cared for. At a little over 55K miles to me it was practically brand new. 16 months have gone by and I have no regrets or second thoughts. Every time I drive it I think to myself what a fine car this is. I've been visiting this site for about a year anonymously reading threads and getting a lot of great information, so I finally thought I should join.

Just a little about me, in the past among the many vehicles I've owned a I've had a 1986 5.0 Mustang, a 1989 T-Bird Super Coupe, and a 1989 Shelby Daytona. Currently my classics are a 1995 Caprice 9C1 and a 1995 Impala SS. Also my 1966 Chrysler New Yorker is waiting for its turn to return to the road. So my Taurus is my nice and classy looking daily driver.

Hopefully I can contribute a bit to the great knowledge resources already members here.

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome!

Does that Chrysler have the 440?

2 cars that some wish you had kept, that 89 Ford T-Bird SuperCoupe, and the 89 Dodge Shelby Daytona. Those are some rare, under appreciated machines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@TollKeeper

Yes, it has the 440. New Yorkers up until '75 or '76 only came with the 440. And yes, I loved that T-Bird, but I was rear-ended and the car was totaled by the insurance company. As for the Daytona, at the time I did not appreciate it's peaky turbo 4-cylinder power. I sold it to my brother who only a year or so later hit a deer with it. I came to regret selling that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts