Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Ello all. In the Cincinnati Ohio / NKY area. Car is a 2014 Taurus SLE 3.5. Purchased new off the lot.
Appreciate everyone's input thus far with regards to what turned out to be the dreaded water pump issue. Will follow suite and create "other rides" thread also.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Will be anxious to hear the details. Daughter has the 3.5L in her '10 Edge w/128K miles and I'm holding my breath. So far, so good...but, staying vigilant with checking coolant levels. After watching YouTube how-to's, don't think this is a job I'm willing or even capable of doing myself. And, I've read where it's a $1500-$1800 repair. Guess that would be better than trying to buy a decent priced used car with today's prices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Will be anxious to hear the details. Daughter has the 3.5L in her '10 Edge w/128K miles and I'm holding my breath. So far, so good...but, staying vigilant with checking coolant levels. After watching YouTube how-to's, don't think this is a job I'm willing or even capable of doing myself. And, I've read where it's a $1500-$1800 repair. Guess that would be better than trying to buy a decent priced used car with today's prices.
Completely understandable! I posted the "I got the car back" update in my temp thread (2014 SEL Engine Tempature) with all the gory details lol. Final damage was right at $2700, albeit this is still the primary family vehicle for a few more years.

Welcome to TCCA!
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts