Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this really is not the right place, but im trying to see is anyone would be interested in my old rear disk brake package from my car.

This would include the caliper, caliper bracket, and disk brake adapter and bolts.

You would still need pads, rotors, and ebrake cables.
EDIT: also need rear rubber brake hoses (from a gen 3) and hubs.

Im loking to get $120 shipped for this set up Seing as rebuilt calipers are 120 +a core charge!

If anyone is intrested, let me know. Im not sure if im gonna sell them, but if someone is intrested, it may change my plans.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, they will work on a gen 4.

Because of Damon we know the disk brake adapters will bolt to the spindle. Also that a gen 3 e brake cable will work. Also that gen 3 brake hoses fit, so damon covered it all!

B

·
0 Posts
WTF?? What about tEh BoB?? :p

Yes, I'm in a needy mood tonight.

And Brad, it's INTEREST. Lay off the Pixie Stix, and slow down while you're typing. ;) :p

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Sep 29 2004, 11:31 PM
WTF?? What about tEh BoB?? :p

Yes, I'm in a needy mood tonight.

And Brad, it's INTEREST. Lay off the Pixie Stix, and slow down while you're typing. ;) :p
Oh yeah, I guess teh Bob did help with that. Always gotta be an attention *****. :rolleyes:

:p ;)

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
If I had a $120 I'd definitly be intrested.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Sep 29 2004, 10:31 PM
the pixie stix are so he doesn't fall asleep while he's typing ;)

just kidding Brad. :)

Do I really remember reading somewhere that if you do the SHO disk conversion you can't use a 15" rim, or am I thinking of a different project?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by Ryne@Sep 30 2004, 11:41 AM
Do I really remember reading somewhere that if you do the SHO disk conversion you can't use a 15" rim, or am I thinking of a different project?
I think that's for the front brakes.

Also, is their any differnce in the rear disk setup from SHO to nonSHO but still being a gen3?? Larger rotors or whatever. i want to swap my rear disks off my 96 onto my 98 (drums) but, if the SHO rear disks are better somehow than I shall wait to get them for the swap.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
IIRC, the rear rotors on the SHO are larger than the rear rotors on a GEN III SLO, so you would need the caliper mounting brackets, larger rotors, and probably different calipers.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by godspunk32@Sep 30 2004, 06:33 PM
IIRC, the rear rotors on the SHO are larger than the rear rotors on a GEN III SLO, so you would need the caliper mounting brackets, larger rotors, and probably different calipers.
nope...identicle

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO+Sep 30 2004, 08:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baby SHO @ Sep 30 2004, 08:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-godspunk32@Sep 30 2004, 06:33 PM
nope...identicle [/b][/quote]
SWEET, the swap will probably happin in the spring of next year.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The front rotor size is different from sho to slo on the gen 3 but from what Brad says the rear rotors are the same size.
The fronts I knew already but was not 100% on the rears, and I usually belive Brad on these things, so I'm taking his word that the rears disk setup is the same from SHO to SLO on the gen 3.

I've though about it some more and I'm leaning towards keeping the disks on the 96 and spending a little more and get the gen2 larger rear disks for my 98.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by D Man@Oct 3 2004, 12:51 PM
The front rotor size is different from sho to slo on the gen 3 but from what Brad says the rear rotors are the same size.
The fronts I knew already but was not 100% on the rears, and I usually belive Brad on these things, so I'm taking his word that the rears disk setup is the same from SHO to SLO on the gen 3.

I've though about it some more and I'm leaning towards keeping the disks on the 96 and spending a little more and get the gen2 larger rear disks for my 98.
I would, the 98 is the car you have the Cobra front brakes on, right? B) Might as well make that car have all the big brakes. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts