Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2013 FPIS. I am planning on running an intierior warmer for the winter. I am wondering if there is a secret grommet or hole through the firewall into the engine bay to run the wire. The cord that needs to go through the firewall is pretty much an extension cord, I don't the thickness. Any help will be appreciated or do I have to just make a hole?

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
I have used a hair dryer for years for interior heating. I get a garage sale unit and use a hose clamp and coat hanger to make legs. Put in the seat pointed to the windshield and leave the cord out the door at the bottom. Of a morning I just plug it in a heavy extension cord and half hour, all windows clear.

-chart-

·
Registered
160 Posts
While stationed in upstate NY, I installed a block heater on my car. When they called for sub-freezing temps I would open the defrost lever and plug in the heater. First thing in the AM when I started the car the radiator was already heated and the windshield was defrosted, ready to go. Best $20 I every spent (mid 70's).

·
Registered
29 Posts
While stationed in upstate NY, I installed a block heater on my car. When they called for sub-freezing temps I would open the defrost lever and plug in the heater. First thing in the AM when I started the car the radiator was already heated and the windshield was defrosted, ready to go. Best $20 I every spent (mid 70's).
I have a factory installed block heater in my 96 Sable. I plug it in at night on those colder frostier nights/sub zero in MN. Car starts right up but I still need to wait for engine temp to come up to defrost the windshield. An easier solution would be to use those windshield covers to keep the frost and ice off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts