Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
One more experience in no crank. This '03 DOHC, sometimes no crank and lights dim, sometime click and no dim, sometimes it cranks fine. Check all connections, swith the relay in the under hood box, no change. Check the wire to the starter and found this stray bolt on top of the starter, touching the wire from the solenoid to the starter. Removed the bolt, no crank, no dim. (I use interior lights to see) Pic of bolt.

JY starter, took it apart and it was clean and brushes fine. Switched it out and works perfect. 2 more years and no issues. The starter I took off was in nice shape inside so I concluded the solenoid was toasted by the short.

And this: I selected the starter at the JY easiest to get: car with radiator removed. :lol2:
And for what is worth, I replace my batterys every 3 years. Been hurt couple times and wised up. Battery can have a broken internal connection and check OK but sudden fail. If a connection fails, you can 'over voltage' the system and do damage. Been there, new vehicle warrenty.

-chart-

Attachments

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
jag1959
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing