Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this has been frustrating me for years. I have the ‘football’ style radio and climate controls that’s all digital, no climate knobs. The unit works when it wants to. When starting car, unit may not power on, and when this happens the heater blasts (I disconnect blower if too uncomfortable). There’s a lot of variation to this problem. Radio can be on and then it just stops responding, and buttons you push may react minutes later. When powering car off the radio may stay on a little longer then normal. Sometimes controls are just off for days and others working fine for days. One time I jostled the 20A radio fuse in the engine compartment and it fired back to life after weeks of not working. But that method never worked again. I’ve tried cleaning fuse too. Tried cleaning ground contacts for amp and power antenna in the back. Does anyone have an idea of where the problem may be. Is it in the football? Is it a module somewhere I can replace? I know this is a very old car now, but it’s in great shape and hobby to keep alive. It would be great to solve this issue one of these days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts