Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to prep my interior for painting, and i was just curious as to if the panels that house the door locks/window switches are removable from the door panel?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks. And to remove the door panel i don't need any special tools right? I can just pop it off without damaging anything?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Lee'sv8 @ Mar 28 2009, 07:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713206
cool thanks. And to remove the door panel i don't need any special tools right? I can just pop it off without damaging anything?[/b]
Remove the screws around the edges and in the door pull, then start pulling the door panel away from the door B)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
My 97 doesn't have screws and I've only ever seen one G3 that did have screws. I think it was only for late 98's+... or only for 96... I can't remember.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yea all you gotta do is remove the one screw from the handle thing
and just get a flat head screw driver and pop the tabs

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had another idea and once again i have no clue how to go about it. I would really like to paint my map light housing area, do i simply pull it off? Sorry for all of the newb questions but i am used to working on old metal cars where everything was held on by 50 types of screws? (by the way check out my sweet carbon fiber door pillars, avatr pic).

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Lee'sv8 @ Mar 30 2009, 02:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713568
I had another idea and once again i have no clue how to go about it. I would really like to paint my map light housing area, do i simply pull it off? Sorry for all of the newb questions but i am used to working on old metal cars where everything was held on by 50 types of screws? (by the way check out my sweet carbon fiber door pillars, avatr pic).[/b]
Yea it just pops out...just pull it off.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (Andrew L @ Mar 28 2009, 06:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713224
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Mar 28 2009, 08:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713223
My 97 doesn't have screws and I've only ever seen one G3 that did have screws. I think it was only for late 98's+[/b]
99 only when they redesigned the door panels

for 96-98 there's only one screw in the handle and its held by those blue tabs behind the door
[/b][/quote]
My 98 has screws around the doors. Gotta Love Ford!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Lee'sv8 @ Mar 31 2009, 12:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713942
Tanks! Pics will follow soon.[/b]
Hey there, I was thinking of doing the same on my 04. looking kinda ratty in some areas. car is black with a brown and tan interior, who the hell thought that looked good? lol. anyway what kind of paint or dye are you using? are you doing the seats to? my leather is pretty worn looking but not worn through and i was wondering if there is a great dye I can use to bring them back. Thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (jeepfan93 @ Apr 7 2009, 06:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716045
Hey there, I was thinking of doing the same on my 04. looking kinda ratty in some areas. car is black with a brown and tan interior, who the hell thought that looked good? lol. anyway what kind of paint or dye are you using? are you doing the seats to? my leather is pretty worn looking but not worn through and i was wondering if there is a great dye I can use to bring them back. Thanks

[/b][/quote]

depending on what color you want to do you could always do an interior swap...

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Andrew L @ Apr 7 2009, 07:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716062
QUOTE (jeepfan93 @ Apr 7 2009, 06:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716045

[/b][/quote]

depending on what color you want to do you could always do an interior swap...
[/b][/quote]
thought about that.I ve always liked the black and tan. id go with a black dash pad and everything else thats brown make that black. I like the tan inserts in the doors but want the bottoms black, you know all the plastic. black carpet and build a custom tan console. hardest thing im figuring out right now is what to do with the stupid radio.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts