Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 92 SHO that has been modified to be a wagon (see my post in General Discussion). Anyway, it has a black interior. Unfortunately, ford never built a wagon with a black interior so everything behind the rear seat has been painted. It looks like they were grey panels. And they weren't done well. They were all shiny (most interiors are a flat color) and now they have scratches - the paint has come off and they need to be repainted. I am worried that I would jack it all up. Here's a picture:

[attachmentid=28304]

I could repaint thses and hope for the best or I could try this: there's a mocha interiored wagon in a pick and pull here. I grab all the panels and put them in my car. Grab the mocha doors and replace the carpeted portions with black carpet and do the seat colored portion in the black leather from the current doors. 93 up mocha center console. Keep the black carpet, seats.

Would that look gay?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
you could cover the lower panels in the back of the wagon with carpet like the BMWs have.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could cover the lower panels in the back of the wagon with carpet like the BMWs have.
[/b]
Damn good idea. I bet it would look better than what is there now and I wouldn't have to go changing out interior panels. I will definately look into that!

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
you could get the mocha panels and wash them down.. prep them and spray them with duplicolor or oem ford interior non gloss black paint.. if you prep them right and do light coats it will look great and last a decent time heck most cars have some painted pieces factory

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the wife shot down the rug idea, I'm on shaky ground with her as it is so I'm not going to agravate the situation (she still doesn't see a differnce between a 3.0 vulcan and a 3.0 yamaha 5 spd!)

I think I'll try a23dangers' suggestion. What about a center console - I found a near perfect mocha one for $25 or a guy is selling a black one for $80

would the paint hold up on the center console - much more use there...

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
SEM makes a paint/dye for interior panels that I've heard good things about.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SEM makes a paint/dye for interior panels that I've heard good things about.
[/b]
Who's SEM and where do I get there stuff?

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
you can also get oem black paint from the dealer.. i did that when i put an fx4 level 2 ranger interior in my 96. had to paint the rear panels and some other odds and ends.. matched perfectly. wasn't overly $$ but more then the sem, dupicolor, and east wood stuff.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, Ill take a look. I was all hyped about a black/mocha interior but I am not sure how it would look and not willing to risk it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts